Possible way out of Time Warner...

Putty

I had Dish and AT7T DSL. I had the DSL for a year and did not have any issues with it all. Service and reliability was great.

I had a issue once or twice with the satellite picture going out during heavy rainfalls but it never lasted for more than a few minutes.

I have heard some good things about the AT&T Uverse.

You better read more about it, AT&T's Uverse (sp?) cable package only allows 1HD program to be recorded or viewed per household, so if your wife wants to watch Grey's Anatomy and you want to watch a B-ball game on ESPN HD, it's a no go....

This is what I have read.

I reccomend DirecTV. I had it before I moved out here and it was great. I really miss it and I think I might get an installer out here to see if I can get it at my apartment.. TWC blows compared to DirecTV

+1 Ive got a shit load of HD channels. I think they have the most in the country right now. I mean I dont watch all of them but still.

FiOS won't be in Columbus, as SBC/ATT is the ILEC, and Verizon isn't.

In theory Verizon FIOS could come to Delaware.

So then why do i keep getting issues with my connection late at night and when i call wow thier message says " we are working on updating and integrating the new FiOS, service will be intermitten late at night" message?

What is this ATT crap? is it like FiOS? Plus's Minus's?

Guest 78novaman

Fuck Time Warner. Pieces of shit have been in business how many years now and my local cable feeds (Weather channel, 10TV, ABC6, etc.) have been fucked up for over 2 years. Digital cable still pixelates and stutters and occasionally fails. DNS is excruciatingly slow, like sometimes I feel like I'm on a satellite slow.

I'm going to sign up for Uverse and see how it goes. In Feb they will have 10M down 1M up connections available. If the trial works bye bye TW. For the same money I can have faster upload and a 4x dvr plus 3 tuner boxes!

based on your post 78novaman you have a signal issue at your house my dns resolution is perfect. My local channels were fine when i was in timewarner.

If you DNS is that slow you should call support and have them loook at you Singal levels or MSG me your ip and I will do it.

I'm more then happy to help but I dislike someone trashing a system that I am a admin for. we have over 10 High end DNS servers for just columbus and they are all far from overloaded.

based on your post 78novaman you have a signal issue at your house my dns resolution is perfect. My local channels were fine when i was in timewarner.

If you DNS is that slow you should call support and have them loook at you Singal levels or MSG me your ip and I will do it.

I'm more then happy to help but I dislike someone trashing a system that I am a admin for. we have over 10 High end DNS servers for just columbus and they are all far from overloaded.

I've had no real issues with RR (except for the time they shut me off out of the blue. ;) ). My issue is with the TV aspect. It's 2008 and there are ANALOG channels. The picture quality sucks on those channels, and is only OK on non-HD "digital" channels. I think there's still some analog equipment in there somewhere. Cable is SO superior to satellite that it can expereince "rain fade" even when there isn't any rain! And OnDemand, the ONE thing that Cable has over Satellite, doens't even work right. I purchased an HD OnDemand movie that was so broken up it was unwatchable.

Hehehe I could careless about the RF side.... I won't lie I don't know much about it cept if you shits breaking up you got singal issues wich will affect your road runner.

This is all going to change I know for a fact that PACKET cable is coming out. Prett ydope concept