Valentine's Day Dinner

TURBOED

Unfortunately, it is time for me to start thinking about a valentine's dinner, and I'm looking for recomendations. I've only been dating the girl for about 1.5 months, so nothing amazing, but still somewhere pretty nice (maybe $50-$70 for the two of us). Hopefully something a little more unique (trying to stay away from chains). Also, preferably in the henderson/bethel/sawmill area, or somewhere around hilliard/dublin. Any good ideas?

I'm not big into the Valentine's thing but restaurants are always way too crowded on the 14th so I usually avoid them. If you don't mind my womanly advice, cook her dinner at home or order take out (could save some money too) and watch a movie.

We went to a place I think it was called Stone River. It is at Frantz and 161/33. It is directly west of McDonalds. It was wonderful service and great food. It was kinda dimly lit and had a large fireplace in the center. Pretty good price for the atmosphere/food/service.

I'm not big into the Valentine's thing but restaurants are always way too crowded on the 14th so I usually avoid them. If you don't mind my womanly advice, cook her dinner at home or order take out (could save some money too) and watch a movie.

I agree with this. I'm doing up a couple nice steaks, creamed spinach, and jalapeño scalloped potatoes, with some kind of fruit cobbler for desert. Whatever looks freshest when I go shopping. :)

Thai Lagoon LLC

1001 Schrock Rd., 614-846-7000, no reservations. Regular menu featuring pad Thai, curries, authentic Thai dishes, Chinese fare. Mothers will receive a corsage. Serving noon to 8 p.m. Cost: $7.50 to $12.95; children’s portions available.

It is inside the Quality Inn Suites North.

She lives in Cincy, so I won't actually be taking her out on the 14th. She'll be up here the 15th and 16th, so the crowd should not be as bad. I planned on cooking for us Friday night then watching a movie (just as suggested), then going somewhere nice on saturday.

What kind of prices are we talking at Stoney River? Looking on the internet, looks like a very nice place, but I'm hoping not too expensive.

Appreciate the suggestions so far, keep them coming!

do you cater out and if so how much :D

I agree with this. I'm doing up a couple nice steaks, creamed spinach, and jalapeño scalloped potatoes, with some kind of fruit cobbler for desert. Whatever looks freshest when I go shopping. :)

I am going to have to recommend

J. Alexander

its is off of East campus view blvd. Right by champs.

Best thing there is the Maui steak $22, you can get dinner and desert and stay under your 60-70 with tip. Their Salads are really big and i believe are around 8 dollars. Its easier to just split it.

Make sure you call ahead as they do not take reservations. Just call about an hour before you get there and you should be fine.

http://www.stoneyriver.com/DublinToGo.pdf

There is their menu. My dad had the prime rib when we went and he said it was the best he had ever had. I feel that is saying alot seeing as he often eats at places such as Smith and Wollenskys. I had the Sauteed Sea Bass. I have never had Sea Bass before so I can't compare it to any other places but it was delicious.

She lives in Cincy, so I won't actually be taking her out on the 14th. She'll be up here the 15th and 16th, so the crowd should not be as bad. I planned on cooking for us Friday night then watching a movie (just as suggested), then going somewhere nice on saturday.

What kind of prices are we talking at Stoney River? Looking on the internet, looks like a very nice place, but I'm hoping not too expensive.

Appreciate the suggestions so far, keep them coming!

I recently hit up the columbus fish market and was really, really impressed. I know of two in the area

Fresh sourdough bread while you wait...and very nice salads

Good seafood - absolutely kills Red Lobster and does so in a very nice setting.

$25 - $35 or so per person (salad = 5.00 and the meals are 16.00 - 30)

I'm not even a huge fan of seafood...but i was very impressed