Places for rent.

351mach11647545510

I'm looking for some place fairly cheap to rent around the southwest area. Im a little lost in this and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions. I know its kind of limited but I would like to stay around $550 or less yet decent as far as surrounding neighbors. Also anything like washer/dryer included is a big plus at the moment. 1BR 2BR whatever. Or if anyone has a room they want to rent out LMK. Thanks.

I was living in Alkire Glenn (I think, or something next to it) for $350/mo in a two bedroom.. no w/d hookups or air conditioning, but the area's decent and there's lots of shade so it stayed cool with a couple fans. Just check out the whole Georgesville area there are tons of cheap places.

No AC? I didnt even know places like this exsisted anymore.

I was living in Alkire Glenn (I think, or something next to it) for $350/mo in a two bedroom.. no w/d hookups or air conditioning, but the area's decent and there's lots of shade so it stayed cool with a couple fans. Just check out the whole Georgesville area there are tons of cheap places.

are you talking about when/where you lived with anna?

My wife and I just got a refurbished 1600 square foot 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath with a soaking tub (jacuzzi size, just minus the jets) and seperate shower, linen closet, all hardwood floors except ceramic tile in kitchen and bathrooms, fire place, huge kitchen with all appliances, washer/dryer included, registered as a historical home, front porch, back 2nd story porch, 2 great rooms, dining room, utility/storage room (not closet, about 6'x8'), cellar, old wood trim around all doorways and floors, old style windows except in the kitchen where new industrial windows were put in. Great neighbors, safe part of town, close to shopping/dining/3 larger cities, back/side yard, lawn mower provided, gardening done for us, aren't charging extra for having a dog. Everything a renter could want or need.

Cost? $700/month.

Move to Circleville. :) Well worth the drive IMO.

Yeah, Harvest Glen is dropping. Not as bad as other places nearby, but getting bad. A new management company bought the place back in July, and jacked up the rents. You can't get hold of maintenance to save your life, they NEVER answer the phone (Hi, I can see you through the office window, get off of eBay!), and now they have parking passes, with no visitor parking spots anywhere near my apartment. They don't mow, they don't shovel the snow off of the walkways or put down salt, and the garbage never gets picked up. The "WATER AND SEWAGE" that they through-bill doubled in a month, with no change to anybody else in Columbus.

What really has me ticked off is the shingles blowing off of the roofs every time there is any wind. The old company told them the roofs needed replaced, and they did nothing about it. So at least FIVE times since October, I've come outside in the morning to find shingles all over my and my brothers car. He's got something like $1400 in damage to his Park Avenue now, from shingles being dropped and blown into it. My neighbors Sable has a huge dent in the hood, another one lost 3 tires to roofing nails from the shingles, and there are at least a dozen others. We had to threaten to go to the housing authority and set up an escrow rent account to get their insurance info, they kept trying to pull the "Act of God" crap. First time maybe, but the next four? And they STILL keep using the same company to "FIX" the roof.