Trailblazer SS: why shouldnt I get one?

dragknee66

Well let me say this:

1. The trans problem can be fixed for under 80$. It just needs new servos and a bigger cooler.

2. The awd system is fine with higher hp ones. I know of abunch close the 500awd range and they are holding just fine.

3. Gas mileage is about 17-18 cruising on the freeway.

4. Most important, IPS now has the hp tuner credits to tune them. Also they will be making CIA for them as well for less then ones on the market sell for.

SS vs SRT8 jeep:

The jeep from the factory is faster cause they have 30 more wheel. But with a tune and intake you can be beating them all day. Or if you want, do what I am doin to mine and beat 98% of Cr. :)

Just remember, what you read on the internet is that 1-5% of the ones that break. People are not goin to make threads about the bad things if theirs isnt broke. Cavin has one that is making 430-440 awd and the trans is never been touched. It is fine. I plan on making 550awd in mine and see no issues with it holding that as long as you do the right things.

I just saw this, might be interesting.....

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0708_2008_saab_97x_aero/index.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/closet_gas_hogs_feature/closet_gas_hogs_uber_gallery/2008_saab_9_7x_aero_7/1179206-1-eng-US/2008_saab_9_7x_aero_7_gallery_image_large.jpg

Nice but a bit over priced compared to the Chevy.....but hey, it stems from fighter pilots right :rolleyes:

I just saw this, might be interesting.....

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0708_2008_saab_97x_aero/index.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/closet_gas_hogs_feature/closet_gas_hogs_uber_gallery/2008_saab_9_7x_aero_7/1179206-1-eng-US/2008_saab_9_7x_aero_7_gallery_image_large.jpg

It is totally unfair to compare the TBSS to a Jeep SRT8

Price wise it is as unfair as it gets. Go build one online.

TBSS AWD, with every option (leather, moonroof, navigation, block heater...EVERYTHING) MSRP: 40,370.00

SRT8 Loaded: $45,345.

Now that's not too far off loaded vs. loaded. But if you just want the performance aspect, not even close:

TBSS 2WD Base = $29,560

TBSS AWD Base = $31,695

SRT8 Base = $41,420

We are talking a 10k difference between a base AWD TBSS vs a SRT8, and more if you want a 2WD TBSS. Sure there is a lot more you are getting with that SRT8, but performance wise, you can easily get that TBSS moving for far less dollars. Come mod time, the TBSS is far cheaper in that catagory too.

When it comes to used ones, the price difference is just as great. Someone who can afford a TBSS may not be able to afford an SRT8.

i love my GTO, but with twin daughters, i probably should have bought the trailblazer SS, even though my wife has an exploder. the GTO gets great gas mileage for what it is, and is faster than the trailblazer mod for mod--but its a car and not an SUV. i like the looks and styling of the trailblazer SS, but would prefer and SRT8, even though the SS has much, much more potential

i'm waiting for the bigger hemi to come out, and then will jump on an '09, or '10 SRT8 cherokee--i will keep the GTO of course, and then start modding the piss out of it.

I will ALWAYS own a 4x4 of some kind though. Preferably a Jeep. To be able to pull a lever and drive through about anything is a nice little luxury I have come accustomed to. Plus I prefer more of an adventure than just driving a turboed car on pavement all the time.

+1 here. Mine wont just preferably be a Jeep, it will be a Jeep. I will always own a SWB Jeep. I am content with my YJ for now and probably will be for years to come. I may "upgrade" to a TJ someday though.

I enjoy driving the Jetta a ton and want a WRX like nothing else, its just a little mundane when I drive on paved roads every single day. I enjoy road courses and even more so rally.

recommend Audi

All that and the fact that I'm to fat to fit in a sports car and they have yet to build a crotch rocket with a strong enough suspension to keep it from looking like I'm doing a wheelie while at a stand still.

recommend 'busa

recommend Audi

Thinking about it.

recommend 'busa

Scares the balls out of me.

Speed doesn't bother me as long as I'm surrounded by metal of some sort.

Two wheels + Fat guy who isn't afraid to push a vehicles limits + hit a pothole/big rock and lose control = death.