So, how did CR come to be?

nurkvinny

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall a sprayed Dakota, and also an evening of pulling a tube behind a Blazer in the snow. Hmmm, if I get some fresh rubber on my truck shortly.....

Who here remembers when I brought the plymouth out to the chinese place on Morse Rd (what the hell was the name of that place, China One or something like that)

RT 40 industrial park. Berto riding in a shopping cart.

Remember the time Anthony dumped me off the tube behind his blazer going 40mph? I looked like a snow man after that.

Anybody remember why Anthony bought an automatic??

"1st gear vroooooom...... 2nd gear vroooooom...... 5th? fuck........ grind grind......"

Sure. I also remember the guy who found his current car that was that automatic... :p

Before CR I had a website called MidOhio Imports and Sports Cars that i used to setup dyno days, and group buys. It never really took off, and we all ended up using Columbus DSM as our home. Shortly after that CR was founded, and I closed my site after that.

This is back when Dale still had his FWD 16G Eclipse, and I had JUST picked up the Toyota. I think 98-99.

About a year ago, where there were no familiar faces and all the kids had this shitty attitude towards anything non-DSM. 90% of the cars were stock or close to and well equipped with the regular ricer mods.

Perception and time does distort reality. CDSM, just like CR has a fringe sub-set of followers whom represent a small fraction of our members that don't necessarily share the mentality of the core members. Stereotyping CDSM as a haven for rice is akin to 10tv typecasting CR as a gang of reckless street racing hoodlums.

The reality is that, whereas breaking into the low 12s was a big deal on CDSM when you were involved (Weaver, Pavo, Jeff, etc..), 11s hardly raises an eyebrow. CDSM has more 10 second cars now than it ever has before.

I'm not pandering for your respect of our members, but I will hold you to the same expectation you have for the media to not stereotype and slander your members based on very limited information.

A whole slew of COFBA guys that don't come around anymore

So forth. It was a lot more laid back then.

+1 from COFBA, and thanks for having those F1 badges and silver stripes so people know you were the one losing all those races mentioned in this thread and not me.:p

I kid, but seriously, the original meets at Arby's and Jegs on the east side back in the day were awesome and if you weren't there you missed out on real CR history.:D

Guest 614Streets

Member number 77 right here. I found cofba through Nitrousbird posting on s-series.org. I had bought the name 614 streets in 1999 with intentions of doing a message board etc but really had no computer knowlege etc. When I did create a message forum I did have advertising banners that rotated just like the ones used on cr. I wanted a message board that was nearly strictly technical and for business. I really didnt want or see myself with managing the possible initial traffic a message forum can bring , bandwidth issuses and the fact that anthony had launched the site right around a month after I was lurking cofba :) .

The green and red up and down arrows were created by me and used when the forums had the top 25 lists. I have made small contributions from time to time to see it that cr stays healthy. :)

Oh and webwise you know you have been around if you saw anthony leaning over a mid 70's chevelle or luguna.

First time I met Anthony was with ColsDSM when he chased after a civic that came into the hilliard parking lot and almost hit someone. He was in his super sweet green camaro. I was in my cousins 99 eclipse.

...then Andy and I met up with CR early (I was orignally member 62 or something using the SN 92tercel) with the Neon and Tercel. I had the faster 16 second car on the street! Good thing I had underbody neons... :rolleyes:

Eh....live and learn.