U Cant MURDER White...

GSXRAntwon

Black wheels with a polished lip:

Are out, it's been done...unless they are fucking huge... (see figure 3). Buying black wheels with a machined or polished lip is a sign that you are doing it because you saw it somewhere else and feel that black wheels might be mistaken for steelies...

What are you trying to say?!?! DIAF!

:p

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow the car looks amazing, I do not like the look for the red pinstripe tho. s15driftking, all the wheels you posted are really nice, but that second 240 is fucking hiddious, car is nice just the huge ass bodykit makes the car horrible. I just do not get why people put huge ass cheap frp stuff on such nice cars.

Not a fan of the red stripe on the wheels of your car. Maybe if the car is all black, but you have a white car with black wheels and accents...the red stripe adds a third color that just messes everything up.

There's a guy in Naples with a black C6 ZO6 rolling on blacked-out wheels with a red stripe. It looks badass because it matches the red calipers. I don't think the red stripe would add anything to your car's image.

wow the car looks amazing, I do not like the look for the red pinstripe tho. s15driftking, all the wheels you posted are really nice, but that second 240 is fucking hiddious, car is nice just the huge ass bodykit makes the car horrible. I just do not get why people put huge ass cheap frp stuff on such nice cars.

i didnt know that Origin-lab Aero products were... as you say "cheap frp stuff"

Anyhow, that car is not mine, i p-chopped my wheels onto that particular car to see what the kit would look like with my wheels.

Regardless, i'm not really into "hearing it" when it comes to my wheels etc... i like them, they are made with quality in mind and i recognize that (ie - not my first time around the block)

no offense

there is going to be alot of irony in my reply. please don't get offended.

White cars:

Are amazing, they look great when they are all shined up, they are classy, and work perfect with just about any factory interior color.

Black wheels on white cars:

Are cool, nothing new, but cool. I feel as though, too many times people opt for black because they are afraid to go with a "horse fo a different color" because they feel that it may stand out too much and possibly be mocked. (See figure 1)

Truth be told.... silver is the new black.(see figure 2 & 4)

Black wheels with a polished lip:

Are out, it's been done...unless they are fucking huge... (see figure 3). Buying black wheels with a machined or polished lip is a sign that you are doing it because you saw it somewhere else and feel that black wheels might be mistaken for steelies...

Anyways, everyone is welcome to do whatever they want... but i will say this. 3 years ago silver wheels were outcast... now they are back.

Truth be told, fuck the color of a wheel: just don't roll on something that is gravity cast.... buy modular or buy mono-block, or get out.

I agree with pretty much all of this. You're still a wheel nazi, though.

I for one did not buy my polished lip because I was afraid of the steelie look. If I could have my way I would have bought a set of black modas, but alas, they are discontinued. I have never seen my rims anywhere else, however. So no poser name calling for me :).

Dronell Series 5

Discontinued

wow... I am impressed. But I have to know, did you really know that, or did you find my post where I posted the name and type of wheel. lol

Silver when I got them, but in poor condition, took them apart (true 3-piece), and had the centers powercoated black because A) it was free since the race car frame was being powdercoated black, they just got thrown in with them. B) it hides scuff marks/rock chips better. C) I liked the way it looked. :D

i found your post on bimmerfest, i cannot lie,

I would have guessed HRE 648R or Iforged Sprints...

The Dronells have an indent in the spoke face... which is almost impossible to tell from your pic.

So not only am i a wheel god... i am resourceful too.

i didnt know that Origin-lab Aero products were... as you say "cheap frp stuff"

Anyhow, that car is not mine, i p-chopped my wheels onto that particular car to see what the kit would look like with my wheels.

Regardless, i'm not really into "hearing it" when it comes to my wheels etc... i like them, they are made with quality in mind and i recognize that (ie - not my first time around the block)

no offense

oh im not trying to say anything about your wheels, I like them, and for orgin I was not impresse with there stuff, I painted hiro's front end with origin stuff and fenders, and the quality was not even close to oem, maybe he will chime in on the pic's we took of how the product came from the factory. Anywheel coming from japan is already played out in most cases, military guys buying stuff from upgarage, and other places sending them back to the states making a killing on used wheels.

for orgin I was not impresse with there stuff, I painted hiro's front end with origin stuff and fenders, and the quality was not even close to oem,

No one ever, EVER said that it would be as straight as oem. that's why it is aftermarket. G-square might be the ONLY aero to fit like oem quality... I'm certainly not afraid of a little body work.

Anywheel coming from japan is already played out in most cases,

i haven't seen too many kids rolling around on Fabulous Profounds or Expands, one kid on zilvia has a set of Expands.

I totally disagree with you on the "played out factor" ...its your choice to buy into it right? i buy what i think looks (and is constructed) good... we all gain influence from what someone else once did... those are called "trends"

Obviously there are a dozen or so played out wheels running around in the 240sx community... just make sure you arent one of them....

I pose a question, what are you rolling on?

military guys buying stuff from upgarage, and other places sending them back to the states making a killing on used wheels.

This is America, kudos to a "Street minded" entrepreneur...

No one ever, EVER said that it would be as straight as oem. that's why it is aftermarket. G-square might be the ONLY aero to fit like oem quality... I'm certainly not afraid of a little body work.

i haven't seen too many kids rolling around on Fabulous Profounds or Expands, one kid on zilvia has a set of Expands.

I totally disagree with you on the "played out factor" ...its your choice to buy into it right? i buy what i think looks (and is constructed) good... we all gain influence from what someone else once did... those are called "trends"

Obviously there are a dozen or so played out wheels running around in the 240sx community... just make sure you arent one of them....

I pose a question, what are you rolling on?

This is America, kudos to a "Street minded" entrepreneur...

im not rolling on nothing nice just a set of work emo xd9's,which I know alot of people have, I know they are nothing crazy 3 peice ect, they have decent size and offset for what I wanted at the time. but I bought them when I went back japan for a very good price at a local store in gushikawa near the upgarage on 58. I also have a spare set of cst's which I bought at the same place, the work are decent for how cheap they are in cost. maybe later on down the road, I am able to pick up somthing more better in design, after I change the color of my car for the 3rd time.

And for the orgin parts I was very dissapoined, he brought the parts to my house, I could not believe how shitty the build quality of the orgin fenders were. I know body kits need fitting and a little work, but I am so surprized on how they let these products out of the factory. I bought some uras G+ bumper and sides, which were better in every aspect in design, with the polyurathne, but they also cost a bit. not sure on prices of the orgin, id hope they do not charge over 500$ for a whole "kit"

im not rolling on nothing nice just a set of work emo xd9's,which I know alot of people have, I know they are nothing crazy 3 peice ect, they have decent size and offset for what I wanted at the time. but I bought them when I went back japan for a very good price at a local store in gushikawa near the upgarage on 58. I also have a spare set of cst's which I bought at the same place, the work are decent for how cheap they are in cost. maybe later on down the road, I am able to pick up somthing more better in design, after I change the color of my car for the 3rd time.

^^^ this condescends everything you wrote earlier about "played out wheels"...

I mean COME ON, who bitches about wheels being played out and then goes and buys two very played out sets... that is completely assinine

id hope they do not charge over 500$ for a whole "kit"

MSRP is somewhere over a G'zle

I know, thats what I mean its hard to be orginal, never did I say I had rare rims, but I have yet to see anyone around here with chrome cst's, im sure there are tons of them on zilvia. either way I do not build my cars upon the rims, seriously how wide and low of an offset can someone go, to the point where rolling and pulling the fenders are not enough? then having to slap some shitty ass frp crap onto a car , or stretching the shit out of the tires , pretty much making a non practial car. I guess its all into what you like to do.

I wish I could afford some rims as nice as yours , would be nice , but rims are not on my top list. maybe down the road when I figure out the new color of my car, I can step back and take my time in finding a nice set of wheels. BTW is that your ka in the sig? are you located in columbus? id like to see your car,rims and engine in person sometime, I will be visiting my friends peter and loun this week, if any of the days are nice enough you can take your car out so I can check it out, not too many built ka's around columbus area that ive seen.

I know, thats what I mean its hard to be orginal, never did I say I had rare rims, but I have yet to see anyone around here with chrome cst's, im sure there are tons of them on zilvia. either way I do not build my cars upon the rims, seriously how wide and low of an offset can someone go, to the point where rolling and pulling the fenders are not enough? then having to slap some shitty ass frp crap onto a car , or stretching the shit out of the tires , pretty much making a non practial car. I guess its all into what you like to do.

I wish I could afford some rims as nice as yours , would be nice , but rims are not on my top list. maybe down the road when I figure out the new color of my car, I can step back and take my time in finding a nice set of wheels. BTW is that your ka in the sig? are you located in columbus? id like to see your car,rims and engine in person sometime, I will be visiting my friends peter and loun this week, if any of the days are nice enough you can take your car out so I can check it out, not too many built ka's around columbus area that ive seen.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40950&page=1&highlight=fabulous

Third time blown up, i should learn how to build a motor huh???

sorry for the offtopic, by the way not to be nosey, but how much does it cost to powder coat 4 wheels like that?

i apologize, back on topic, im going to sell my 240sx when it runs (again) in a few weeks, i may just put that money down on a vette. I've been salivating over corvettes since the c5 body style, mmmmm