official spring '08 mushroom thread

coupe_no

anybody else a shroom hunter in here? the spring season is starting so get ready.

the number one sought for in the US

the morel; hard to find, tasty, look for them in early spring (like now and for another maybe 3 weeks then its too warm)

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/wrcf/wildnotes/spring06/images/morel.jpg

anybody have any favorites or tips or want to tell me their secret spot? lol

these are basically the best to look for:

http://www.regals.net/bolets/bolets.jpg

it's sickening...the spot i have

I used to have years where I might find 100 or 200 - several combined days of looking

I'll admit the last year or two haven't been the greatest...got closer to 'only' 1500

Smaller ones - mostly spikes and snakeheads, but still lots of fun

Tar Hallow and Scioto forest are reasonably good for mushroom hunting. And the gas stations down there usually sell them by the pound, if you don't do well hunting that day :)

Big mushrooms down there....one from Tar Hallow might be worth 4 or 5 somewhere else

it's sickening...the spot i have

I used to have years where I might find 100 or 200 - several combined days of looking

I'll admit the last year or two haven't been the greatest...got closer to 'only' 1500

Smaller ones - mostly spikes and snakeheads, but still lots of fun

Tar Hallow and Scioto forest are reasonably good for mushroom hunting. And the gas stations down there usually sell them by the pound, if you don't do well hunting that day :)

Big mushrooms down there....one from Tar Hallow might be worth 4 or 5 somewhere else

Where can I buy them? I don't have the time, or anyplace to do it. :(

austin i'll let you know if I can find any for sale

where we shoot has mushrooms, all the hillbillies take my mushrooms before I can get to them

My dad used to have about 75acres of woods and fields, actually right around your area, I believe. It was on SR 138, about 10 minutes from Greenfield. Fucking hick neighbors did the same damn thing to us. Use to piss me off to no end.

Oh, and thanks.