What is the best shop for Stangs?

Rhett

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'

he is currently in iraq or kuwait wont be home till june/july ish but mabey grab a video or so

+1 for a video???

Yea I am In the mid east... Cant say where but here none the less... thanks for the invite Ill come check ya all out when I get home. This year Im going to try to get more envolved than just going out on fri/sat night. But i will stop by some time for sure.

Pls come ck out our shop. However,if you decide to use one of the other shops in town, I'm sure they will do an awesome job for you. Approx. 90% of our business in mod'ing and tuning late model mustangs. We do more out of town customers than local guys for some odd reason. So our name is probable more familiar outside Columbus. Probably because I'm not a native columbus guy.

Randy Barch has historically done most of the tuning for us. He has been an SCT tuner/distributor for over eight years. He most recently was the official tuner for Troy Coughlin's(Jegs) EFI twin turbo pro mod. As well as Mike Coughlin's twin turbo corvette.

I guess what I am trying to say is if he's good enough for the Coughlin's, who can afford anyone, including John Meany, he's good enough for Mike Ward racing.

Personally, I was crew chief and tuner for Pete Ricart for an entire race season where He finished 3rd in the points in NPS in NMCA. I personally build, and drove my olds cutlass 632 cu.in. Top sportman car. It ran over 200 mph and 6.80 sec. 1/4 ets.

We have supercharged and tuned brand new 2007 and used mustangs for Germain Ford and Ricart . Dick Masheter has also referred several customers to us for supercharger installs.

Lastly, we just took delivery of our new mustang dyno. It is, to say the least, AWESOME. Did our first pull tonight :)

I'm really proud of our accomplishments and hope you and everyone else locally at least come by our shop and ck us out. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Thought I'd chime in here too to clarify a bit - Rob LaSota is no longer doing installs at AP Tuning, he needed something with benefits. BUT we still are tuning cars, that never ended - I do all the tuning and Rob helps me out tremendously with that.

For those of you that do not know, LaSota Racing is the first SCT dealer in Ohio, we were there with them when SCT was formed - we were like the 3rd or 4th dealer added in the nation.

Besides tuning we also train other SCT dealers how to tune cars - Rob and I have been all over the nation training cars and doing dynotune days. In fact late this month or early next we will do our first training/tuning day out of the country - we will be going to Steeda's Canadian headquarters to train them and tune a bunch of difficult cars for them, including a really cool twin turbo '05 Mustang.

I tune for other dyno owners when necessary - I have done 'remote' tuning all over the country, Canada, Europe, the middle east and even Aruba. I have had offers to go tune cars in Germany, Denmark and Puerto Rico, but I hate flying so I nixed that.

I did all the product documentation for SCT early on and we helped them by beta testing new hardware early in their life.

I also do a few other things, I am author of SCT's Dealer's Tuning Manual, SCT's Pro Racer's tuning manual, and the yet-to-be-released Diablosport Comprehensive Tuning Manual.

As far as I know we are the only SCT dealer in Ohio that has the 'Calibrator' level of software, that lets us adjust things like drive-by-wire in the later vehicles. This may have changed and there may be a dealer or two who now who also has it, but we have had it since the beginning. So if I'm mistaken here, I apologize.

Just thought I'd post to inform you about us - no knock on the competition, in fact, Brian and his dad are friends of ours as is Randy. I personally don't know Mike, but Rob does and tells me he is a stand-up person. So the bottom line is, Central Ohio is really a hot-spot for excellent tuning resources!

Don LaSota

Randy Barch has historically done most of the tuning for us. He has been an SCT tuner/distributor for over eight years. He most recently was the official tuner for Troy Coughlin's(Jegs) EFI twin turbo pro mod. As well as Mike Coughlin's twin turbo corvette.

I wonder if this is the same Randy that tuned my car back in 05?

Thanks alot guys for all the info.... last summer I meet Brian from dyno tune seemed like a good guy who knew his Mustangs, and he gave me a pretty good price so hopefully its still close. And LaSota sound very impressive as well and I will look into them beorf going any where. Bu now I have a question for Brian and LaSota, I want to run a nitrious set up this summer at least a 150 shot perf. a 200shot. I have about $6-$7k to spend, I would like to build my head and bottom end for the future and to handle the shot. And to still have a strong car when not running the Nitrious. I already have the nitrious ( and some rear end work on the way 3.73s and have new axles as well) but what parts would you recomend for me to install ( Just need ya for the tune). And where can I be WHP with your Ideas.

-Rhett

Go Procharger or Tubo!!!!! It will be the best use of your funds. We are a procharger dealer. I'll do our best to get you a great price.

Thanks alot guys for all the info.... last summer I meet Brian from dyno tune seemed like a good guy who knew his Mustangs, and he gave me a pretty good price so hopefully its still close. And LaSota sound very impressive as well and I will look into them beorf going any where. Bu now I have a question for Brian and LaSota, I want to run a nitrious set up this summer at least a 150 shot perf. a 200shot. I have about $6-$7k to spend, I would like to build my head and bottom end for the future and to handle the shot. And to still have a strong car when not running the Nitrious. I already have the nitrious ( and some rear end work on the way 3.73s and have new axles as well) but what parts would you recomend for me to install ( Just need ya for the tune). And where can I be WHP with your Ideas.

-Rhett

Check out this site. You can get every thing you need from them. They have been in business for a while. They build cars that are winning events in the nmra and setting records. They are also into road racing. This is a one shop does all and you will leave a happy customer. My car is ther right now. They are installing thier custom ground cams, converting it to a return fuel system and installing a 10-point cage.

http://ModularDepot.com

I had to get a new shortblock after one 1/4 mile pass in 05 after it was tuned. After that I couldn't find someone in this area that would tune it with the new engine.