Teays Valley HS (Ashville) dropout got a cap in his ass

RedRocket1647545505

The kid was a few years behind me in school. He was the adopted son of a well respected teacher there. Dropped out. Got into trouble some. And then got his ass shot. Can't say he didn't deserve it.

I didn't really know him, myself. Just knew of him.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/04/03/shooting.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=102

so does it matter if the home owner had the gun registered to their name or not? i understand it was self defense and all but this is the SOLE purpose i want a handgun and im not sure what i'd need to do to be legal if i had to shoot someone lol

so does it matter if the home owner had the gun registered to their name or not? i understand it was self defense and all but this is the SOLE purpose i want a handgun and im not sure what i'd need to do to be legal if i had to shoot someone lol

Doesn't matter if it was "registered" or not, as long as you aren't a felon, or an illegal alien, you'll be ok. Self defense shootings are a fine line in the judicial system. The person you end up shooting better be threatening you, or has something within their possesion that could do bodily harm to you/others. Easy way: Man breaks in door with knife. You grab .XXX caliber weapon. Man keeps coming at you with knife in hand. You shoot. Man down, call Stanley Steamer to get the shit out of the carpet. :) Ohh call the police at some point.

Doesn't matter if it was "registered" or not, as long as you aren't a felon, or an illegal alien, you'll be ok. Self defense shootings are a fine line in the judicial system. The person you end up shooting better be threatening you, or has something within their possesion that could do bodily harm to you/others. Easy way: Man breaks in door with knife. You grab .XXX caliber weapon. Man keeps coming at you with knife in hand. You shoot. Man down, call Stanley Steamer to get the shit out of the carpet. :) Ohh call the police at some point.

Say the man/woman that just broke into your house doesn't have a gun/knife and you don't catch them until they are running out your front door with the TV in hand and their back towards you.... Do you shoot or let him/her go?

I was told you have to let them go.

Say the man/woman that just broke into your house doesn't have a gun/knife and you don't catch them until they are running out your front door with the TV in hand and their back towards you.... Do you shoot or let him/her go?

I was told you have to let them go.

Yep, you have to let them go with your stuff. :( He is no longer a threat to you if he is running away from you.

Coming from Florida, a "stand your ground" state where use of deadly force is justifiable to protect yourself, I for one am glad that the homeowners aren't getting charged. It's not that I necessarily want every criminal shot on site (well...maybe I do), but more important that other felons may think twice before committing a crime.

Punishment is meant to serve a purpose to the criminal AND those contemplating to do the same.