Game Plan for Project G8

DTM Brian

As some of you know, I had mentioned that I would be getting my hands on a G8 for some extensive testing and tuning along with a couple performance enhancements. So here is the plan.

1. Car will be going on the dyno on the three times next week.

2. Trip one will be to baseline a 500 mile G8 and then tune with the 87 Octane that was designed to run on.

3. Trip two will be bring the car back with 94 octane and retune for more timing an a slightly leaner A/F

4. Trip three will be with the installation of 1.8 Roller Rockers from Yella Terra and a Cold Air Intake.

5. A deposit has been made for an APS Twin Turbo kit which is due to ship from Australia by the end of the month. Install turbo kit and bring back to the dyno for tuning.

I have been spending my free time burried in HP Tuners and I am becoming quite familar with GM's lastest ecms. I gotta admit I am excited!!

Stay Tuned for Dyno Results as the project goes.

That sounds like a sweet project. I always love seeing what hp gains can be made from different mods on stock cars.

Sounds like we need to have 4door vs 4door competition. :).

Did you all hear?

Two Door Sports Cars are out. 4 Doors with seating for 4 adults and more is in.

Looks like I am a little late with the purchase of a C5 Z06.

Nah. I don't think so. ;)

Damn, I've only seen 1 of these things and it's still in the showroom and people are already ordering TT kits for them!! Should be a fun project. I like the idea of having a car with 600+ hp(random #) that can haul all your firends!!