Upstate New York ride in June '09?

Casper

And it's only 9 months away!

I'm heading to Santa Fe in 10 days and will post pictures from there as I take'em. Can't wait for that trip.

Also, if anyone wants to head out that way earlier - say June-ish - let me know. I have 6 weeks of vacation to burn and it looks like my trip to Italy ain't gonna happen this year. I also wouldn't mind doing the Finger Lakes Region of New York.

So, I 'll have plenty of time to head west on a bike this summer. Just say when and I'm there!

I'll do a trip to New York in June. How many days you thinking?

I'll do a trip to New York in June. How many days you thinking?

A week at the most, more likely 5 days or so.

Figure it'll take a long assed day just to get there and a day to get back. Would like to have 2-3 days in NY, too.

Another ride I'd like to do this summer is an upstate New York trip, most likely in June. Just posting here to see if anyone else would like to come along.

Most likely a week long venture to see Boldt Castle ( http://www.boldtcastle.com/ ) Ride around the Finger Lake Region ( http://www.fingerlakes.org/ ) and then on to the Adirondacks ( http://visitadirondacks.com/ ).

It's around 350 miles or so from Columbus to get there, so it's done in an easy day on just about any type of bike.

Edited by Earache

Still working on some routes, but I have a basic idea figured out. Will post up some maps after I make them.

Mighht have to ride in Vermont for a day - one of the few states I've not yet ridden in and it'd be a shame not to add it to the list.

Edited by Earache

When exactly is june-ish? Doubt the office would like me gone two weeks solid. Already have one vacation planned.

June-ish as in anytime - I have no time table set yet. Could go into July, too. I'd just like to take a longer trip prior to the Colorado trip in September and June sounded good.

As long as it's over a weekend I'm pretty sure I can swing it.

As in 2-3 days or can you go longer?

Ideally for me, leaving on a Friday and getting back on the following Thursday or so would be best. But I can go shorter as well.

As in 2-3 days or can you go longer?

Ideally for me, leaving on a Friday and getting back on the following Thursday or so would be best. But I can go shorter as well.

I mean Saturday and Sunday are included in the 5 days. That way I don't have to take off from work as much.

I mean Saturday and Sunday are included in the 5 days. That way I don't have to take off from work as much.

I gotcha - even better for me. Leave Thusrday after work and come home on Monday evening kinda thing? That'd give us Friday, Sat and Sun in New Yawwwk.

Others that have more time could leave a day earlier and come back a day or more later.

• 1 month later...