Fox guys, which shifter?

excell

I must get rid of the row-boat factory Hurst in the SVO. Yes, it's sacrilege, but I hate it.

Seems most have great things to say about the Pro 5.0 and the Steeda Tri-Ax, they're both the same price. Looking for something with a much shorter throw but that is still comfortable to hold onto and use.

Opinions?

Everyone seems to be all about the Pro-5.0, but I never liked it. It just doesn't feel natural to me. The 2-3 shift is supposed to be "improved", but to me it just didn't feel like it was in the right spot. Maybe I'm just too particular or maybe more time getting used to it would have made it better... but for my money I'll always go B&M Ripper. It just always felt the most positive and intuitive to me.

I'd say your best bet is try some out. There are so many cars out there with all of the above, so you can probably get some people to at least let you drive around a parking lot or something. It's hard to get a fell for it without driving around a while.

It could have more to do with my tranny, but it seems very notchy. It is a very short throw which i like.. but sometimes it just seems a little to hard to find the right gear.

That's been pretty much my impression of the Pro-5.0 as well, but I know people that swear they're better than sliced bread. In my opinion sliced bread is way better :) . I'm sure it's all about personal prefference and driving style... kinda like shock settings, etc.

I must get rid of the row-boat factory Hurst in the SVO. Yes, it's sacrilege, but I hate it.

Seems most have great things to say about the Pro 5.0 and the Steeda Tri-Ax, they're both the same price. Looking for something with a much shorter throw but that is still comfortable to hold onto and use.

Opinions?

Mine is not the best car to get an accurate feel of the pro.. but if you wanted to drive it and feel it, you could. Just let me know.

I bought my car with a short throw in it, not sure what it is allthough i should since i have had the tranny in and out ill pop the boot and see if its gotta a name on it whatever it is i love it, ill let ya know

Cool. :)

not full time,.. but i am done there alot.. I should also be out this weekend.

Cool. I definitely won't be out this weekend, but I bought a set of wheels today that will need done. I'll drop them off when I get them. Hopefully you'll be in. :D

Steeda tri-ax I have it and love it-

I dont have the comfort handle yet either. Everyone that gets in my car raves about the transmission/shifter but I think that is because it has never been powershifted- speed shifted yes but not powershifted.

I think if you whale on the car a lot for drag racing you may want the pro 5.0 as it has a steel handle and sturdier construction- steel shifter ring- I am talking about one of those drive it like you stole it crazy mofos with the 1.4 60' and putting your fist through the stereo shifting. One of those guys that would get a low 11 with my car while I am at low 12s. You know the type...

The tri-ax is smoother but not as sturdy as it has an aluminum handle... however a lot of guys say this is a safety feature because if you are beating on the handle enough to break/bend it you are likely damaging your transmission internally anyhow- I would prefer a 20.00 handle break than a shift fork.

• Upvote 1