LT1 ECU swap

6 Speed S4

get on camaroz28.com there are plenty of people who tune them with Lt1 edit. or for like 150.00 you can just buy LT1 edit and download a map for those mods. LT1 edit is the program Ive heard 90% of Lt1 owners using. You dont buy a new ECU, you reprogram your existing one.

get on camaroz28.com there are plenty of people who tune them with Lt1 edit. or for like 150.00 you can just buy LT1 edit and download a map for those mods. LT1 edit is the program Ive heard 90% of Lt1 owners using. You dont buy a new ECU, you reprogram your existing one.

Wrong.

93 doesn't have an EEPROM, you have to actually replace the chip. Whole different deal on the 93's (batch fire, no MAF, different trannies).

If all the guy has is and intake and exhaust, do not have him waste money on a reprogrammed chip for his PCM (powertrain control module...not refered to ECU's in LT1's). There won't be any useful gains doing so. Long-Tube headers would be the next logical step.

As for editing the PCM on 94-97 cars; you can use

LT1_Edit for 94-95 OBD-I

Tunercat for 94-95 OBD-I

LT1_Edit for OBD-II 96-97 (different program than OBD-I).

93-94's have a OBD-I connector under the dash.

95's have OBD-II connector w/ OBD-I PCM, and use a different cable than any of the other years.

Wrong.

93 doesn't have an EEPROM, you have to actually replace the chip. Whole different deal on the 93's (batch fire, no MAF, different trannies).

yep he is right i have a 93 i know ;) the tranny is a 4l60 with a 5 round plug.but there is some to be gained anyway ,with his mods.

Wrong.

If all the guy has is and intake and exhaust, do not have him waste money on a reprogrammed chip for his PCM (powertrain control module...not refered to ECU's in LT1's). There won't be any useful gains doing so. Long-Tube headers would be the next logical step.

As for editing the PCM on 94-97 cars; you can use

LT1_Edit for 94-95 OBD-I

Tunercat for 94-95 OBD-I

LT1_Edit for OBD-II 96-97 (different program than OBD-I).

93-94's have a OBD-I connector under the dash.

95's have OBD-II connector w/ OBD-I PCM, and use a different cable than any of the other years.

+1 kinda makes it a bitch.