Title Situation

Patrick

OK, So I bought my Starion, woman signed the title (un-notarized) and no notary will notarize it. How do I go about getting it in my name? A renegade notary? Or are there channels I can go through with the DMV to get it done and in my name?

Ther have been several other threads with similar questions posed on here. This can be done as in a similar manner when there is not a title. Write a letter to the bmv stating the situation, include all details including a copy of the title, both sides, a sworn and notorized affidavit of your account of the situation and a copy of the bill of sale if there was one. The bmv looks at all the info and makes a determination. I have personally done this with very little information and I basically only had a notorized account of what happened and I was awarded a title without question. Hope this helps.
  • Upvote 1

Used to be, the only thing required from me to sell my car to you was to sign my John Hancock on the back, and hand the title to you. Now, you have to have a notary witness the seller's signature (officially, anyways). Best off to make arrangements to meet her again at a notary.

Used to be, the only thing required from me to sell my car to you was to sign my John Hancock on the back, and hand the title to you. Now, you have to have a notary witness the seller's signature (officially, anyways). Best off to make arrangements to meet her again at a notary.

I am not sure of the law, but I have started having notories forcing me to have the buyer there so they can witness their signature as well.

find someone in your family to do it. most will also do it for a little more than the 2$ fee. maybe 10-20 bucks will help them decide. ive bought alot of cars and done them this way. alltho im working on my notary right now i dont seem to have the time to do the test.

find someone in your family to do it. most will also do it for a little more than the 2$ fee. maybe 10-20 bucks will help them decide. ive bought alot of cars and done them this way. alltho im working on my notary right now i dont seem to have the time to do the test.

Your working on it? A friend of mine just went and took the test and got it.

I am a notary and if i were to notarize that title and the women made a issue of it automatic 500 dollar fine. And possible 90 days in jail. I just passed my test about 2 months ago helping a complete stranger out with a illegal(ish) title transfer not happening.

Try another place. Most of the time they will let it slide and give you your stuff. They know how hard it is to get all that crap together and if anythings fishy you'll be caught eventually anyway (In their opinion.) I have 2 relatives that work at the license/title places.

No they ain't local or I'd send you to them.

Evan

Try another place. Most of the time they will let it slide and give you your stuff. They know how hard it is to get all that crap together and if anythings fishy you'll be caught eventually anyway (In their opinion.) I have 2 relatives that work at the license/title places.

No they ain't local or I'd send you to them.

Evan

Read much?

It's done.