Got to meet James Laurinaitis on Saturday

OSUGT

Just thought I would share a little about the experience..

Our church had a Saturday breakfast at 8am. We try to get speakers for each event. Well, we were extremely fortunate to have Jim Bollman and James Laurinaitis speak to us.

I'm not going to make this a religious thread. However, I will say that James and Jim represent Christ very well.

James was the featured speaker, and we all enjoyed what he had to say about his life in Minnesota. He spoke about how close he was with his dad and mom. You can tell that this guy is really grounded.

He also spoke about his decision to return and how he made that difficult choice. The thing that I hadn't heard is that AJ Hawk was a major inspiration for him to return. Since James was a freshman during AJ's senior season, James admired Hawk's leadership and abilities. James went on to say that since AJ stayed for his senior season, he felt he would let his teammates down if he did not stay. He also says that he feels he is not as good as AJ was at this point in his career. With his parent's backing, he decided to stay

Just a couple quick observations...

First, the dude is flippin huge. I'm 6'3 259 with a 36in waist. I felt small standing next to him. I know LBs are supposed to be big, but you don't see dudes like this every day. :)

He also speaks very well. I think he will certainly have a career in the media when he's done playing.

Finally, the guy is just humble. He spent 2 1/2 hours with us on a Saturday morning. Everyone who wanted an autograph or a picture got one. Actually, he was the last guy to leave the building.

I was a fan before, but now there is just a whole new perspective. I wish him nothing but the best.