Buells...what should i know about them

scheetz31

Based on history, it will spend more time in the shop than being rode. They are fun bikes but as a beginner I would avoid it because the time it will likely spend broke down will ruin the whole new ownership experience. I would recommend a late 70s or early 80s small Honda for a starter bike but if you have to have a sportbike, go with an SV from Suzuki.

Those who like the Bike, LOVE THEM, but, those to do not, DON'T.

Personally, I would like one... a XB12R or or a XB12STT.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - There are several Buell Forums that have good information.

Those who like the Bike, LOVE THEM, but, those to do not, DON'T.

Personally, I would like one... a XB12R or or a XB12STT.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - There are several Buell Forums that have good information.

yea..i did a little reading on the foums. that is why i prompted the question because i did read a lot of mixed reviews. one guy would say its the best bike he hased owned with little maintence...and another would say the opposite. i found one for 3000 and am still leaning towards it...however, due to me not having the money yet, i may have to pass it up...we will see

true...true.

Ill keep an eye out for something else. there is a 91 cbr for real cheap, that may be a better option

You can get a LOT of nice bikes for $3k. I'd look for a YZF600 or F2/3/4 CBR for that much if it's your first. There is a point where you can get a much better and nicer bike for not much more in that price range.