Where to get a good deal on a lawn mower?

Nitrousbird

My mower is pretty much done. It is down on power, up on drinking oil.

- I want a 22" deck (would do 21" or bigger though)

- MUST have a bagger. I can't stress this enough.

- Don't give two craps about self propelled, or any other BS. Mower w/ bagger, that's it.

- Used is prefered, because it is cheaper!

Problem is, I've e-mailed Craigs List ads, and no one will return my e-mail (even though I state when I am available, and want to purchase the item). Pretty much Lowes, Home Depot, and Sears are all the same pricing (Sears would be the choice in that situation, as nicer gear for same price). Walmart is actually a rip-off, according to online prices.

Where else can I check? I need one this week, and want the best deal possible....and spend the least amount of money I can. I plan on getting this place sold this year, and my next home will require a riding lawnmower, so I don't need the "it will last you 10 years" mower. If you have a good running one to sell, PM me now!

I don't know where you can get used ones other than if there is a small engine shop out there they would likely have some. I got mine from sears I think its a 22" deck with a bag and I'm satisfied with it, I think I paid $220 for it.

I need a new one as well, I have noticed that my email security was set so high that whenever someone tried to respond back to me off craigslist, that my computer just stopped it as spam. There is a guy right next to the school on mcnaughten that always has used ones for sale chained to a tree.

I have a 4 yr old Honda self prep. and bagger but not sure on the deck size Ill have to look again. I only want 250 for it (paid double that)

You may want to adjust your price; I don't think I've ever seen a Craigs List bagger mower asking that. You can get a pretty decent brand new unit for that money.

I'll have to check out Sam's Club. I live near one.

my mom always gets her's at Meijer... she goes through them like crazy because she uses them to mow the freaking ditches out in front of the farm and destroys them.