Buschur Pump gas Evo's hit the track **VIDEO**

vwjeff

Afew of my buddys and I hit the track on sunday with our newly built Buschur Evo's :cool: All 3 cars are running on pure 93 pump gas. No alky or additives what so ever. All of these cars are true street cars. Power windows, air conditioning, sunroofs, street tires, full weight and 100% STOCK axles, transfer case's, and driveshafts. Also all 3 of us have Bushwacker transmissions (factory rebuilds no special gears) and Exedy triple plate clutchs minus Tim who has a Carbon Tilton.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/vwjeff/CIMG0245.jpg

This is or first time out for the year for all 3 of us. I had the pump gas Evo MPH record til tonight when Mr. Buschur hit 10.0's at 141. On the race fuel I WILL go 9's at 150 easily ;)

I had 4 passes total on pass 2 and 3 I was having over boost issue's, Eric and Tim had 6 passes. They went consistanly 134 to 135. Tim had the best ET of the day with a 10.6.

Enjoy the vids I have more weight coming out still, and ALL safty items will still be intact in the car (air bags, crash beams ect).

My car has SSR comp rims with the stock Advan tires. I have stock struts with Tanabe GF210 springs. I have removed the gas tank charcoal canister, spare tire, jack and tools. I also installed the Buschur Racing lightweight center member bar and the rear diff support bar.

I left Columbus this morning with a 1/2 tank of gas, drove 110.2 miles and arrived at the track with a 1/4 tank of gas. I drove the car 221 miles today and averaged over 30mpg. I made 4 runs today. My first run out, I went 10.82 @ 140.14MPH at 32psi. David took a look at the logs and pulled a little timing out. But other than that, the tune was great. I developed boost control issues for a couple runs, so we put the car on wastegate pressure. Later we came to find out the vacuum line to the wastegate had a hole in it.

60ft – 1.8119

330ft – 4.7269

1/8 mile – 7.07 @ 104.66

1000ft – 9.0208

1/4 mile – 10.7389 @ 137.98

Part 1....

Part 2....

1 problem...eric is GAY!

EDIT...

and tim

one more edit..

nixons car before the nasty!!! oh and the SRT before sale...damn i miss that thing....

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1081/3562547/9136465/316438161.jpg

How much $$ does it take from Buschur to run 10s on pump gas? I am thinking of making the switch if you really get 30MPG on freeway trips. I get like 22-23 at best.

22-23 whats your AFR? 12.1? I see 26mpg on the freeway traveling.

i just got rid of my eclipse, and now in the market for an evo this video makes me crazy. very nice work jeff! are all the motor builds using the BR alum rod ? and br 9:1 pistons?
My car and Daves personal RS are the only 2 street Evo engines currently using Alum Rods.

The rods are not needed, Crowler steels work just fine as well :)

I am so close in getting into my evo!! im already approved just waiting on the right one, anyways are you using the br spec cams? are you running 272's? or larger? what exhaust are you running also? my car will not even be close to what your's is, but maybe after its payed off! how does it drive on the tune you have? are you doing any of the tuning yourself ect? are you making alot of changed to the fuel maps when the weather chages ? let me know when you get time.

I am so close in getting into my evo!! im already approved just waiting on the right one, anyways are you using the br spec cams? are you running 272's? or larger? what exhaust are you running also? my car will not even be close to what your's is, but maybe after its payed off! how does it drive on the tune you have? are you doing any of the tuning yourself ect? are you making alot of changed to the fuel maps when the weather chages ? let me know when you get time.

The BR spec cams only work on the VIII as they never had a MIVEC grind made.

The AEM EMS has all of the capabities of dealing with weather changes utilizing the baro and IAT tables.