Wii-fit tells a 10 year old girl shes fat

Rally Pat

I do not see there being any problem with children being told they are fat. If more children are told this maybe they'll spend less of their time stuffing turkey twizzlers down their faces and more time playing sports and enjoying lettuce.

They have turkey twizzlers in Britain? Me want.

here they are. they look good. they dont sound good though:

Turkey Twizzlers are spirals of mechanically reclaimed turkey meat, water, pork fat and rusk, together with many more minor ingredients, designed to be reheated before serving.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41118000/jpg/_41118396_turkey.jpg

Wtf...The girl probably typod her weight.

But to tell the truth if I put my weight in a BMI index that can be found online, its says im obese.

edit: ok i had to check mine again. im between 25.0 and 29.9 which is just overweight. What these calculators do not figure is muscle.

But to tell the truth if I put my weight in a BMI index that can be found online, its says im obese.

Same with me, we have a chart at work that says i'm over weight. I'd almost believe it if i didn't have 5% body fat.

Maybe the little girl should just lose some fucking weight. She's clearly too tall for her age, so she could atleast get down to the correct weight. It's never to early to start Anorexia these days

I do not see why it would label her as fat. It says she is 4'9" and 6 stone (1 stone = 14 lbs) or 84 lbs. That results in a BMI of 18.2 or underweight? I'm all for brutally honest games if the are honest and not just brutal. Tell the fat kid shes fat and have her play the Fit game but, don't make more anorexic/bulemic girls please. They get older and grosser as time goes on.

When I was in the Navy we had a guy in school that was on mandatory PT because he was fat. in reality he had less than 6% body fat, he was solid. They did the calculation on a normal person's height/weight/neck/waist measurments. He had no neck from all the working out.

I think we should switch to something like resting heart rate versus stressed rate to lable someone "fit" and body shape or something to list them as "fat".

When I was in the Navy we had a guy in school that was on mandatory PT because he was fat. in reality he had less than 6% body fat, he was solid. They did the calculation on a normal person's height/weight/neck/waist measurments. He had no neck from all the working out.

I think we should switch to something like resting heart rate versus stressed rate to lable someone "fit" and body shape or something to list them as "fat".

Agreed. Under any measurement, I'm overweight, now. However, even with a body fat % of around 10% (again, not what it is now :( ), I've never been able to get below 200lbs. (I'm 6'1"-6'2") I'd have to go on a crack diet.

Guest 78novaman

BMI fails with anyone who is muscular or has a large body structure.

I am 5'11" and I would have to weigh less than 180lbs! Thats crazy.

I think I am buying it and a Wii for my wife for her B-day, she wants it bad. Are Wiis still hard to get? Should I start looking now? Her B-day is in July.

They're kinda hard, but not really at the same time.

Guest 78novaman
;) me too....i weigh 220 tho so im obese

Me too.

I'm down to 225 from 278, I'd like to loose another 15-20 by the end of the year. I also have been working out so I have more muscle mass so I've lost more than a feed sack (50lbs) of fat :eek: Kind of a freaky thought for me.

I do not see why it would label her as fat. It says she is 4'9" and 6 stone (1 stone = 14 lbs) or 84 lbs. That results in a BMI of 18.2 or underweight? I'm all for brutally honest games if the are honest and not just brutal. Tell the fat kid shes fat and have her play the Fit game but, don't make more anorexic/bulemic girls please. They get older and grosser as time goes on.

The dad was probably just saying that. She probably weighs 10 stones.