IPS is sweet!!!!! SPEC fuckin Sucks my taint.

neonkiller

There is nothing wrong with spec clutches. I had in the vette and would recommend them to anyone.

Their LT1 clutches suck. I'm on #2 right now. They don't back their product up very well either. Other LT1 board members here have had similar issues. I'll never give them any of my business again.

SPEC sucks for Saturns. I got their 6-puck kit which consisted of a Luk sprung disc, but their pressure plate is a modified stock one which has been consistently proven to cause crank walk (among Saturns) so I just used a OEM pressure plate.

ACT seems to be able to hold the power though with no side-effects. :)

the doner car for my camaro had a spec clutch in it and you could see hit spots on the flywheel from where it had been doing alot of slipping. search LS1Tech.com and you will see a trend with them.

I never had one issue with my spec 5 clutch other then the chatter which I knew was goin to be there. I mean I have heard alot of stories about all other clutches all the time. I think they are all the same, some work good for people and some dont. I dunno, maybe I got one of the good ones.

I had a spec stage 3 in my 5.0 making over 500 rwtq on nitrous and it held it all day long. Hell with the break in period. I waited about 20 miles and did some donuts, thats how you break in new parts.

My good friend had the stage 3 + in his turbo'd cobra and it made 890 rwtq and he never had a problem with the clutch.

That sucks Spec messed up your order, but man we're all human and i'm sure you never fucked up anything ever. I'm sure you had plenty of time today.

Guest EM1 2ENVY
lol nice antwon, and no doubt shanton, Big plus to ips, brandon is always there to help and make sure things get done right. There customer service is perfect in my eyes so far. thats a big thing, and in this field its the main thihg you need to have. but not just have, you have to do it right.

I never had one issue with my spec 5 clutch other then the chatter which I knew was goin to be there. I mean I have heard alot of stories about all other clutches all the time. I think they are all the same, some work good for people and some dont. I dunno, maybe I got one of the good ones.

Word +1

My spec clutch didnt fuck up, it was the flywheel bolts that backed out and runbbed up against the clutch causing it to shave off metal and scar the clutch surface:( The clutch lasted thru 3 transmissions, Id say spec works for me.:cool:

And the slave cylinder busted,

So big ups to Billy AJ Mikey Marty dirty cory and all who helped I couldnt of done it with out ya!!!!!!!