Mid-Ohio Honda Indy 200, Le mans, GT road race July 18-20

Diamonds

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I'm making plans, may bring the boy for some camping, too.

What what what!!?!??! What happened to your Pikes Peak plans?

I'd love for you to be at MO. But that sucks if things fell through, I knew you were really looking forward to that. :(

BTW, does Paul Tracy drive 'one of those crapwagons' now. I have a great idea. :D

What what what!!?!??! What happened to your Pikes Peak plans?

NOOOOTHIIIING! No one, no thing, no plans. :( Looking at a winter trip to the hills now, February.

Edit: Same weekend as the Dayton Air show. What arseholes decided all these needed to be on the same weekend?

a fun weekend of racing!!!

I will be there the whole weekend, i am taking off work friday and spending the night out/up there.

My dad is coming in on Sunday to join the festivities.

here are details.

http://www.midohio.com/pdf/ALMS%20IndyCar%20Schedule.pdf

prices are on mid-ohio website.

Its like 60.00 for the whole weekend or somethign close.

LE Mans, GT3, love

get at me!!

See, now if you had a vette you would be allowed to park in field and get lots of free stuff from GM and free lunch. they also have interviews. out of a room of 100 people me and austin were the only ones under 40. :)

oh best thing was they paid for our entire weekend.

The GM guys I met this past weekend were really cool even though I don't own one, they seem to be really enthusiastic about what they do and motorsports. I hope to get in free since the SCCA Speedworld Challenge is going on and I have volunteered to work a shift which is well worth it.

A guy at work won two free tickets and offered me one, so I'll at least make it for Sunday. Also, if we get there early enough we get a free paddock pass. At least I'll make it to Mid Ohio for at least one day this year.

So if I walked into Immke or Roush and asked for a free Mid-Ohio pass they would just give me one? Otherwise how much does it cost for one day?

That's what I did last year and got 8 tickets. However, I've called both places and no response as of yet so I may have shot myself in the foot posting this...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DRFTMX5

I will be up there as either a medic, firefighter/ safety crew/ or pace car driver. I will be there in my Miata. If you see me just call me at 614-579-4034.

It is going to be a fun weekend. I hope to see you guys there.

Bob we will have to get your car up there!!!

Guest DRFTMX5
So, if I yell out that number you'll repsond?? or are you saying we can't say hi face to face? ;) Is this Chris btw??

Chris??

no it's brooks!!

anyone can call me if they see me this weekend.

I just confirmed I'll be there in a Honda Ridgeline taking a Parade Lap with a couple of drivers in the back.My buddy has the Ridgeline and the ROC(Ridgeline Owners Club) took volunteers to do it.Free,Free,Free.He has a bunch of decals on the "truck" on we will be followed by a bunch of S2000's.The only downside is we have to be there by 9:00 am.I'll be the fat old guy in the passenger side of a silver Ridgeline with the cam corder.jk.

Great fun this weekend!! Finally getting to see the LeMans series and IRL cars in person was great! Funny thing, I quite literally ran into Tony Kanaan today, he came up from behind me in the paddock on a bicycle and I turned and ran into him almost knocked him off his bike!! I felt bad but he just smiled and waved and kept going.

Those R10's are eerily quiet compared to everything else, at idle you can easily talk over the engine noise.

There's a few of things we can learn from this weekend:

-German engineered race cars still suffer from serious mechanical failure

-Even Corvette racecar drivers are snobs and have poor track etiquette.

-Female driver fights ftw.