Summer Boat Crew

XChris1632X

I've read some threads here and there about some people on the board frequently visiting alum creek and buckeye lake. I wanted to see if anyone else had any person experience/comments about the sea doo rxp's. I just bought one today and took it out to indian lake. I spend a lot of time out at indian lake since it is close to me. I had a blast but this thing is almost too fast if it is really choppy. It is hard as hell to hold on to sometimes when its rough. I love this thing and plan on buying another wave runner within a few weeks or so. Other than a fishing boat this is the only watercraft I have personally owned since I was 17 when my dad totaled my boat.

Went to buckeye lake a few weeks ago and this past weekend. Didnt like it when I went the first time, and still dont like it. Its choppy as hell. If there are more then 10 boats on the water it makes it that way. Average depth was 4-5 feet. There was a few spots that came up on the depth finder that were 10 feet. Not my cup of tea.

Back to the muskingum for me.

Buckeye Lake just sucks. Too shallow, way too choppy (even during the week in the late evenings). Usually dead fish floating around.

Muskingum is freaking awesome; sadly it is an hour drive from my house. :( Easily the best local place to boat. Everyone there is super friendly, the water is glass, wide enough to tube comfortably, great water to ski on.

Alum is nice DURING THE WEEK; too choppy to do anything fun in the water on the weekends. Beats you to death in a boat or tubing, and impossible to ski/wakeboard.

Griggs and Oshonsay (sp?) are great if you don't want to tube. Pretty calm water, close, tons of bad-ass wakeboard boats to gawk at (at least at Griggs), and people seem to have a clue when it comes to wakeboarding/wakesurfing/skiing/kneeboarding there. My fiancée lives next to Griggs, so we go there often. Was there twice this past weekend. :) They are both about the same size, and pretty small, but big enough to do watersports stuff. Too bad you can't tube. Not dealing with lake lice is a plus.

Delaware Lake is a slightly smaller, slightly shallower version of Alum, and a further drive.

Seneca Lake: about another 15 minutes further than Muskingum. Has HP limited to 200HP IIRC. Is usually fairly calm, deeper than Buckeye but a similar size. Nice camping there, but not worth the drive unless you plan on staying a day or two. Any longer, you should have driven a few more hours to a lakes far better than anything Ohio provides.

Hopefully the weather will be good in a week, as I really want to hit Muskingum up.

I just picked up a new boat today. I traded mine in for a seadoo 20' speedster 430 hp boat. Fucker flies across the water. I love it. Let me know when everyone wants to go boating.

Count me in on a ride. Just lemme know when :D

I have skied behind my girlfriends dads boat on Alum Creek on Sundays with no problems at all.

Let me know when you ski slalom and are working the boat. Sure, 2 skis and just being drug behind it is doable on choppy water.

Sam, any chance your new toy has a wakeboard tower?

I usually boat at Buckeye lake. Mainly because my granny lives on the lake. I like alum creek the water is isnt nearly as choppy. I just brought my boat home this past weekend from storage so Im hoping to have it cleaned up and ready to go for next weekend.

Let me know when you ski slalom and are working the boat. Sure, 2 skis and just being drug behind it is doable on choppy water.

Sam, any chance your new toy has a wakeboard tower?

No tower, sorry. We are goin to alum tomorrow at noon. Look for a blue seadoo speedster with a few hunnies on it.

I'm always out on Lake Choctaw here in London during the summer. It's not real big since it's private, but its a decent size and you can still tube/wakeboard.

My girlfriend lives on Choctaw but I haven't been out on it yet. It is a lot smaller than I am used to.

John sorry. I had to take my personal time. You know this working on the weekends during the winter shit sucked. So now the weekends are mine.

Joe the Muskingum Rocked over Memorial Day weekend. Where do you put in at?

I put the boat in on a private ramp, just south of green acres off of 60 if you know where that is. On the east side of the river just past the bridge.

I was just waverunning on Indian Lake today. It's usually calm in the morning so you can top out without getting tossed. Seems so small compared to Sandusky Bay though where I normally ride.

I was there. Matter of fact I have been there since Thursday when I came home with it. I was able to GPS mine at 71mph and that was at 11:30am after a good amount of boats were out. My speedo is decently accurate according to the GPS. A couple people tried to race me but their attempt was a huge failure.:cool:

Has anyone ridden an RXP before? I love mine, except in 15 hours of ride time I spent $160 in fuel. The only thing I am concerned with is that I read in the owners manual that you have to beware of how much water goes up over the nose, otherwise water will get into the intake. It is so easy to bury this thing underwater and shoot straigh up out of it. I enjoy seeing how deep I can get it but I am scared it is gonna do damage. The handling is insane and you have to have it completely trimed up to even get it to really spin out. I learned the hard way.

Her name is Erin. She said she knew who you were and that you also knew Liz Lynch, and very well from what I have been told;) .

Oh yeah, I know who your talking about. Were you with her Saturday night at a grad party by any chance?

Damn you heard about me and Liz too? Its everywhere i guess. I need to call her again sometime soon

No tower, sorry. We are goin to alum tomorrow at noon. Look for a blue seadoo speedster with a few hunnies on it.

I was in NYC, and by Sunday my fiancée and I would have prefered to be on the boat. I'm sure my buddy Matt was out there; usually hanging out in the swim area with his 23' red/white 03 Rinker with side-exit thru-hull's w/ captain's call.

Joe the Muskingum Rocked over Memorial Day weekend. Where do you put in at

We put in on the east side of the river, right at this combo small gas station/camp ground deal. Has worked out really well for us. Hopefully we will be out there Saturday or Sunday.