fuel injectors - new vs. rebuilt

zeitgeist57

Both my '00 Passat V6 GLX and my '95 Corvette have over 80k miles on them, and I am looking at replacing the fuel injectors.

1) Are new injectors always better over a quality rebuilt set?

2) If new is the way to go...where can I purchase a great set for the money?

3) Are there any good shops in the area that can rebuild injectors? (clean, reseal, flow test)

Thanks!

soak in keroseen

Interesting...I Googled soaking in kerosene and there were a few forums that posted information on this. A lot also referenced soaking the injectors in SeaFoam.

If soaking works (waiting for a few other folks to chime in here) should something be run through the injectors to clean them out also? If so, then what and how do I clean out the inside of the injector? Do I just soak the injector tips, or the entire thing?

EDIT: I love both vehicles and hope to keep them for a long time. It's just that $150-$300 for a set of injectors seems unnecessary if there is an easier and 99% effective way of cleaning them at home.

I did this the really, really, ghetto way. It was probably a stupid idea. I pulled the injectors, hooked them up to a 9v, they opened, sprayed cleaner. Lots of gunk fell out. A trained tech, please chime in here. Proper way?

Guest Removed
I like the system you plug right into your fuel rail. I used it on a few cars with no issues and a noticable differance.

moron its called a motor-vac and also great for cleaning all the carbon out of the head and valves and so on