3 Fuel Pumps in a 2001 Blazer????

hpfiend

Hey guys-

Buddy of mine has a 4.3L V6 Blazer 4WD- this thing has been a reliability nightmare- he said the pump had been replaced twice before and I worked on it in December/January and put a new fuel filter on it just in case they hadn't before-

Well here we are in June and he thinks it needs ANOTHER pump??? Very hard starting and hesitates occasionally--- is is possible its a faulty FPR or are the two different shops that changed the pumps making bad crimps or something and not replacing the whole pump assembly?? He has just over 100K

Thanks!

Andrew

Guest Removed
they are bad about fpr. now if he is not installing delco pumps and running under 1/4 mark, then he may just need a pump. but only way for sure is to test the pump correctly! and im not just talking pressure testing. volume, long term amp draw etc, check valve and so can fail. only pump ill ever put in a gm is a delco/gm pump.

It looks as if I need to get a fuel pressure gauge- anyone know anyplace that will rent them or about how much it costs to have that tested? Well I guess the actron unit they sell at advance doesnt cost that much and I can probably get it cheaper from the evilbay

Is the 2000/4000 rpm thing a fpr check?

I would doubt they are putting delco pump assemblies in, that was one of my guesses as well, but I told him not to run it below 1/4 and he said he never did on number 2 pump.

Thanks!

Andrew

I just want to acknowlage that most aftermarket pumps have a real bad rep. I would only use a delphi, and make sure you have proper voltage, and good wiring. An experienced tech doing a good inspection might make a difference too.