Woman killed in lancaster by street racer

justinwebb

so i just saw this on the news that a woman was hit and killed by a street racer...

news story here

http://10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/06/17/lancaster_crash.html?sid=102

go figure he is on Ohiohondas....

just sad that someone actually has the nerve to hit someone doing something dumb and then keep going

just brings a bad name to everyone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i kno the kid. surprisingly he was racing. He never wanted to race me. But there stupid to race on damn side streets!! Stuff like that is gonna get anyone who the cops think has a nice car gettin pulled over.

-B.C.

What kills me about this whole thing is the area its in. Thats down town lancaster where there is traffic lights every 100 yards and in all seriousness what the hell was the woman crossing there for, thats like suicide crossing 5 lanes of traffic. Unless he went up on the curb and hit her.

I dunno, I bet he is shitting bricks inside the jail cell.

The other thing is the area is notorious for groups parking infront of Advance Auto and also across the street in Carnival foods parking lot on the weekends. I bet the cops will drive them out of there now.

Thats down town lancaster where there is traffic lights every 100 yards and in all seriousness what the hell was the woman crossing there for, thats like suicide crossing 5 lanes of traffic.

Regardless, shes a pedestrian. I work in downtown cbus and I cross the street across numerous lanes of traffic (carefully but I do it) away from the crosswalks. If you race anywhere where people are just walking around (downtown, suburb, whatever) you're a fuckwad and that's that.

Regardless, shes a pedestrian. I work in downtown cbus and I cross the street across numerous lanes of traffic (carefully but I do it) away from the crosswalks. If you race anywhere where people are just walking around (downtown, suburb, whatever) you're a fuckwad and that's that.

not too hijack, but not in the crosswalk is illegal so there would be some (see not making an excuse for an idiot who ran after hitting someone) to be put on the pedestrain. Pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks

but then again my parents talk me I will always lose when it comes to cars so to watch both ways and stay out of the street. doesn't seem to be that way anymore

The fucking kid didn't stop, fuck him. I think if some of you have seem him do shit like this before and know it's the same kid you should be contacting Lancaster Police. The fucker knew he killed a person and didn't stop.

KARMA IS A BITCH!

not too hijack, but not in the crosswalk is illegal so there would be some (see not making an excuse for an idiot who ran after hitting someone) to be put on the pedestrain. Pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks

but then again my parents talk me I will always lose when it comes to cars so to watch both ways and stay out of the street. doesn't seem to be that way anymore

Truth about the crosswalk thing.

Reality is though, in a busy downtown area, not everyone uses the crosswalks and everyone knows that. She could have looked right, saw traffic in the distance, and started to walk. A car in the middle of a race is probabaly going well over any posted speed limit and would come up on you a lot faster than a car going 25-35mph. Obviously faster than she reacted. This is all conjecture of course as I don't know what actually occurred.

Regardless a douchebag was racing in densely populated area and someone died because of it, fuck him.

driving irratically through traffic is not racing. but I hope he goes to prison for driving like an idiot and not stopping. love how anytime something happens that involves speeding they are automatically street racing. oh how times have changed. thoughts are with her family.

Ok let me clarify some shit in this thread and on this topic. I know Ryan personaly and he is a good guy honestly. That being said this is what was posted on OhioHondas by a very good friend of his about the accident:

i talked to Ryan last night. he told me that there was 2 cars between him and the blue car, he was behind all of them. the woman came from the ralleys side of the street and was almost hit on the north bound laneby a mustang heading north. Then the blue acura slammed on the brakes and ryan went to go around all three of them not seeing the lady clipped her as he was heading south bound in the right lane. i guess if you can get a race off on memorial dr at 830 your god. there is also witnesses saying there where not racing.

Ryan said he wasnt racing he is my friend ill belive him. for all of you guys saying run him down you will get yours. he wasnt driving down memorial dr and just start looking to hit a lady running across the street.

That is coming from Larry who works at Jegs and post on here cant think of his username on here.

It was also mentioned that Ryan spazzed thus the reason for taking off, he later turned himself in to the Lancaster PD. I know everyone says "what a bitch for taking off" but until your ever in that position dont judge. What the hell would you do after just clipping a lady? Some people would sit there with their hands glued to the wheel not doing a fucking thing, others would try to help and yes some would even act the same way he did. I guess he hasnt aten since the accident because his nerves are on end. So please dont be so quick to judge, I remember a certain Blubyeu on here that was kinda in the same boat due to the media and everyone was pissed at the media. So dont be so quick to judge without knowing all the facts.

Ok let me clarify some shit in this thread and on this topic. I know Ryan personaly and he is a good guy honestly. That being said this is what was posted on OhioHondas by a very good friend of his about the accident:

i talked to Ryan last night. he told me that there was 2 cars between him and the blue car, he was behind all of them. the woman came from the ralleys side of the street and was almost hit on the north bound laneby a mustang heading north. Then the blue acura slammed on the brakes and ryan went to go around all three of them not seeing the lady clipped her as he was heading south bound in the right lane. i guess if you can get a race off on memorial dr at 830 your god. there is also witnesses saying there where not racing.

Ryan said he wasnt racing he is my friend ill belive him. for all of you guys saying run him down you will get yours. he wasnt driving down memorial dr and just start looking to hit a lady running across the street.

That is coming from Larry who works at Jegs and post on here cant think of his username on here.

It was also mentioned that Ryan spazzed thus the reason for taking off, he later turned himself in to the Lancaster PD. I know everyone says "what a bitch for taking off" but until your ever in that position dont judge. What the hell would you do after just clipping a lady? Some people would sit there with their hands glued to the wheel not doing a fucking thing, others would try to help and yes some would even act the same way he did. I guess he hasnt aten since the accident because his nerves are on end. So please dont be so quick to judge, I remember a certain Blubyeu on here that was kinda in the same boat due to the media and everyone was pissed at the media. So dont be so quick to judge without knowing all the facts.

Dude hit someone and took off... dont try to justify it. Since he didnt have the common sense to stop we are suppose to feel sorry for him?

No i'm not saying that at all, he made a mistake and will have to live with that for the rest of his life. Im sure his conscious will be more then jail time could ever be. I'm just saying that people need to quit being so quick to judge when they dont know the whole story. Remember the craigslist ads that were posted when a "intoxicated guy was drag racing his mustang"? Im sure everyone remembers that, remember how everyone got pissed cause the media was making him out to be worse then he really was? Im sure you do. See how the media can twist shit around to make you believe what they want you to.Take this into consideration, if this was your little brother or son or close cousin or hell close friend, would you want people talking mad shit about him without knowing the whole truth.

The only thing that can be really said is he was dumb for running..yes! He was responsible for turning himself in rather then the police having to find him...yes! Accidents happen and sometimes innocent people and good people are hurt...yes! 2 families lives are forever changed...yes! Ryan will get what a judge feels is a fair punishment for his actions...yes!

• Downvote 1