New Puppy ...

sol740

So here is Duke. He is a 6 week old English Mastiff. For a six week old dog he's pretty big already, he has a very good pedigree and his father has already hit 230lbs at 2 years of age. His grandfather, a massive 250lbs as an adult. Just gonna work on growing this dog nice and slooooooow, so he doesn't run into some common problems associated with this breed.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/Pets/IMG_0192.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/Pets/IMG_0193.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/Pets/IMG_0190.jpg

- I dont wanna be a dick here but... to my knowledge it is illegal to purchase a pup younger than 8wks in Ohio. Mostly due to the fact the pup needs the mother still for nourishment, social environment etc... Just some info for the future.

However, that is a great looking dog. Great breed!

both our boxers were from reputable breeders and were 6 weeks when we got them :confused:

nice pup. would hate to have to clean up your yard :D

- I dont wanna be a dick here but... to my knowledge it is illegal to purchase a pup younger than 8wks in Ohio. Mostly due to the fact the pup needs the mother still for nourishment, social environment etc... Just some info for the future.

I always wanted one when I was a little kid so I could ride around on it like a horse. :)

Im sure my little one will try ...

Columbus Racing does not condone illegal puppy sales.

both our boxers were from reputable breeders and were 6 weeks when we got them :confused:

HISTORY: Bureau of Code Revision, 10-1-53; 142 v H 352. Eff 7-10-87.

§ 955.50 Dogs; regulations re sale; receipt; transportation.

(A) No person shall sell, offer to sell, or expose for sale, for the purpose of resale or receive for delivery within this state, or ship from any point within this state to any point outside this state, for sale to the general public at retail, any dog under the age of eight weeks.

HISTORY: 136 v S 256. Eff 6-4-76.

from here

nice pup.

how original w/ the name though :rolleyes:

tough doggy name book

(duke,boss,brutus,spike,etc.....) lol just messin man

His full name is "The Duke Of Gruffington", Duke for short.

Im aware of how dumb that is, I just couldn't help myself.

Thanks for the info. :thumbup: However, I'm not one to worry much about stinking rules like this. :p

HISTORY: Bureau of Code Revision, 10-1-53; 142 v H 352. Eff 7-10-87.

§ 955.50 Dogs; regulations re sale; receipt; transportation.

(A) No person shall sell, offer to sell, or expose for sale, for the purpose of resale or receive for delivery within this state, or ship from any point within this state to any point outside this state, for sale to the general public at retail, any dog under the age of eight weeks.

HISTORY: 136 v S 256. Eff 6-4-76.

from here

rob that dog is 3x your size now. your fucked in two years

lol. Funny thing is the dog will probably be taller, tail to nose than me, and will probably weigh more.

Me = 6ft and 190lbs

Dog = probably fucking ginormous.

Thanks for the info. :thumbup: However, I'm not one to worry much about stinking rules like this. :p

Breakin the law !!!

Cute dog. When he is a bit older, he will have to come play with my English Mastiff.

Definitely.

Cool dog. One of the largest breeds. And fyi for everyone, (this coming from someone who's raised dogs for performance and many animal science courses under his belt) leave your puppies, especially the large breed ones, with their mothers for at least 8 wks. It really can make the difference in temperment and health/build. That being said, it's not the end of the world if you don't and I see you seem to be already aware about proper growth reg and good supplements for a large breed puppy. Good luck! I'd love to see some pics of him at 6 months!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/Pets/IMG_0193.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/Pets/IMG_0190.jpg

Very cute dog. It looks like the dog they called the beast in the Sandlot. Is that the same type of dog.