Favorite Tools?

Tindall2006

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10, 12, 14mm sockets. And a magnet. I can disassemble and reassemble the RX7 with those tools.

Beat me to it. I also like my 17mm for the ol' DSM.

Honorable mentions include: Gear wrenches, BFH, PB Blaster, any of my air tools, and prybar.

What is a modis?

Electric impacts really work?

You guys already named most of my favorites- well a good flashlight doesn't hurt things.

My least favorite tools have to be ez outs- I despise those F@T@# R@# s, always give you hope until they magnify your issues when they snap

Electric impacts really work?

For the weekend mechanic who has no interest in investing money into air equipment, absolutely. It will do crank bolts, suspension bolts, whatever with no problem. Portability is another bonus -not having to wrench-off lug nuts from your wife's friend’s Accord that blew a tire in the mud on a dirt road is awesome.

although all I'm capable of doing is pulling codes :)

Come on, the Component test meter walks you through testing components AND shows you the backside of the connector, the wire colors, what a good waveform looks like, and auto configures the scope, who couldn't use it? :) The scan tool is only about 40% of the tool.

For what it does I don't know how we sell them so cheap.

The CT4410 snapon electric impact is a bad mofo, 230ft/lbs breaking torque, it takes lug nuts off with ease.

http://diagnostics.snapon.com for MODIS info.

I think that is the same one i have 14.4 volts, 3/8's They just came out with it, the tool guy showed me cuz i was looking for a new one, told me it was one sale for 320 and i was like SWEET

Took off every bolt i could imagen on my project. Rusty exhaust bolts, u name it, the only bolt it didn't take off is my axle nut that is encased in rust (i have no clue how i am gonna get that fucker off lol)

what is the laser vibrometer and what dose it do?

It allows me to measure valve travel so I can look at bounce, velocity, acceleration, duration, area, and loft at any rpm.

I've also got a bunch of custom tools our cnc shop came up with that makes my life a whole lot easier.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the 1/2" Ingersoll Rand Titanium Impact. 1000 ft-lbs FTW!!

Also like my MAC 3/8" Impacting air Ratchet. It's a pretty neet tool.

Don't need to. My MAC has 1000 ft-lbs and it quieter than the regular Titanium. The Titanium Q is damn silent though.

Don't need to. My MAC has 1000 ft-lbs and it quieter than the regular Titanium. The Titanium Q is damn silent though.

There's been a few model updates through the last few years and mine is actually alot quieter than some of the guys I work with, but your right the Q's are quiet. I actually like the loudness cause its easier to tell when your close to where you need to be instead of majorly over-torquing cause your waiting for that solid hitting sound.