Can we say 934rwhp 902rwt.....

LPFSTheFett

IPS threw the car on the dyno today to see what she would put down. Not too bad considering it's going through an automatic. Not sure what % loss I get now, but even locked up it's worse then a 6 speed.

Car was still spinning with 3 of us sitting in the back! We couldn't figure out why the HP and torque curves weren't moving much when we increased boost. We knew it was spinning a little because there was a ton of rubber chunks from the Drag radials flying all over the car/floor/wall. We had 3 of us sit in the back an gained 80rwhp/torque!

To the numbers!

4#'s: 637rwhp

8#'s: 735rwhp

14-15#'s: 934rwhp/902rwt

Had to do some work on the computer and started running into .5 degrees knock at 12#'s. So we threw some leaded 110 in there to get the job done. Air Fuel was between 11.5-12 through the dyno's sniffer and I think max timing was in the 22-24 range.

The boost gauge showed a spike in boost of 17#'s for a tenth of a second then back down to 14-15. The problem I'm running into is the 4# waste gate springs not allowing the car to go past 14/15#'s. We are going to upgrade those to 8# springs which will allow us to go into the 20#+ range with the boost controller. Also the injectors are completely maxed out now, so even with the waste gate change, we'd still be capped.

Also, we are ditching the meth injection and going with an E85 conversion. Since we have to change injectors anyway, might as well run them big enough to handle the flow needs of E85. Should allow us to run more boost safely and should allow the LSX blocks to run cooler. Not like 205 on the freeway is that bad, but it can always be better, lol.

IPS will post the dyno graph tomorrow. Couldn't be happier.

Jason

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. :cool:

Do you plan on running it at ~15#s? Or going lower?

I'll run it at whatever I can to get traction. So on the street, I'll probably run on the new waste gate springs of 8psi. 750ish rwhp, which even then is going to be too much. Then whatever I can run at the track.

Traction is a bitch, the current drag radials aren't going to cut it. Next I'm either going to run Hoosier A6's or the new MT 345 ET Radial. The MT is suppose to be about 1-1.5" taller then what I'm currently running and stickier. If that doesn't hook, then I'll bring it down to 6psi and see if that works.

if I were a car, I would be your Viper and I'd have sex with that vette :p

nice :thumbup:

off to covet that damn thing for the night.

Viper is going to be gone Thursday. Decided to get rid of it. After the problems I've had with it, wasn't really worth it anymore. My intention was to never have both cars to begin with. I just had so many problems with the car early on that I got the Z06 to play with instead.

It's going to be nice only having one.

The blocks are built to handle 2500 from what Mark told me. Compute that with an average horsepower increase per 1 psi. Be sure to take into account they are running twin GT35Rs and they are more effective at a higher boost level.

Thanks for all the comments! They are GT35R's and I'm not 100% sure how much boost it can handle, but I know it's good for our goal of 1200-1300 wheel. Understand that's totally a dyno number and really have no plans of ever racing it at that level. I'd be perfectly fine putting down 1k and being able to plant that on the track.

Yes Linn, bring it down! :) I have some suspension tuning I need to do though. I think the back is too soft and that's why the car is skating all over the place when I get on it.

Jason