Look out Jap bikes, Buell has something for ya!

ChevyMan1972

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden stock wheel base busa's, and they handle like shit. I can't even imagine what a stretched one handles like. My 14 is stock wheel base, stock ride height, and the "experts" at the magazine are simply wrong. the 14 out performes the busa everywhere. stock for stock the 14 is the superior machine. I have ridden both, and you can see where my money went.

BYW... Buell=the suck. that is all. v twins are cool for crusiers, not a performance bike.

maybe one day buell's will stop looking like a two-wheeled pile of dog poo....

and maybe one day, they will start putting out the power / liter of late 90's jap bikes...

buell really needs to get rid of their design engineers and product managers...the youngest of these guys must be in their late 80's.

I'm not sure they have ever seen a YZF-R or a GSXR...and from looking at the crap that comes out of that place, i'm quite sure i'm right....

Any good competitive company will incorporate something called 'benchmarking'...if a competitor is doing something better, copy the competitor....buell / HD does not understand this concept as the jap boys sell 500 bikes for every bike that leaves buell's (read HDs) showroom...common sense would suggest that they are doing it better; copy them.

But i suppose that buell will be buell, and we can continue to expect the same crap year after year coming out of that failed company.

Now, let me sit back down on my rocker...i.e. SV 650... ;)

my busa handles like shyt but isnt set up for corners u will get me in the turns but look out when the road straightins up :D the front just dont look right... like u hit a wall and shuved the forks back

x2...lol me and u are set up for drag...lol but i can corner, but not like a stock bike

I give Buell creativity points with the point that they're at least trying designs that are different from everyone else. That and they're taking old and antiquated engines and getting power out of them that Harley Davidson could only dream they could make.

• 3 weeks later...

Buell 1125R Takes 2nd and 5th in German Debut

Buell 1125R 2nd and 4th in French Top Twin Race

Buell 1125R Takes 3rd in Canadian Superbike Opener

Buell 1125R Wins MOTO-ST Road America 500

wow, what a piece of shit! those old morons at buell really need to go back to the drawing board because the 1125R is clearly a failure. oh, wai...

Buell has come up with designs in their bikes that lots of jap bike makes have copied.. So what is all the comments about them getting with the program? One of the first to have inverted forks, one of the first to hook the rotor to the rim and not the spokes, one of the first to put the oil and fuel in the frame. Exaust and inverted pull shook under the motor to lower the ceter of gravity. I love my buell and would not consider trading it for ANY Jap crap bike. Ducati on the other hand I would. Japan has been building the same boring, crap sounding junk for way too long. Buells are not made for high hp, but for enjoyable street driving and they are one of the best at it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/rich1969/forsale041-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/rich1969/forsale042-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/rich1969/forsale043-1.jpg

great looking bike you have there, rich!

and damn is that red ducati sexy!

It is a 1996 Buell s-2, last of the handmade buells prior to the HD buyout. They where built and assembled by a team of 6 guys as it sat in one spot. No assembly line. It is fun to ride. Weight is 445 lbs, handmade chrome moly frame, handmade chrome moly swing arm. Lots of billet aluminun braces. HD Sportster motor in it. I bumped the HP a bit with some inside goodies, but it is still only about 100 rwhp. But the torque is 95 ft lbs. So it is a nice street driver, sounds good, loads of bottom end torque. Won't win any races, but still a nice bike.

So in response to everyone in this thread making fun of him, guess what buell did? he went back in time and had rotax build the motor. at least that's what the press releases and everything say about it now....

i've always liked they way they seem to hold a line no matter how hard or hot you get into a corner. far better then any i4 bike, and as good at least, as bikes like a rc51.

now they have bit of bite in the motor, i think some of you will be surprised