Beer here

87GT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive to another state like PA

I have about half a case left in my basement I bought in PA last weekend. I thought about buying several cases, but didn't have the room to drag them all back.

For those who haven't had it, it's really good basic lager and isn;t terribly expensive either. It would be my primary beer of choice if I could get it reguarly without ordering it or driving 40-200 miles to get it. If you see it somewhere, give it a try.

I had a Black and Tan at a Molly Brannigans in Erie PA over the weekend. I have had them before, but had forgotten how much I enjoy them with food... especially when they're made with Smithwick's. I think my next batch of homebrew may be a Porter (similar in taste - one bottle).

I really like Strongbow, but I just couldn't bring myself to try the Black Velvet. Seems like an odd mixture to me.

I had a Black and Tan at a Molly Brannigans in Erie PA over the weekend. I have had them before, but had forgotten how much I enjoy them with food... especially when they're made with Smithwick's. I think my next batch of homebrew may be a Porter (similar in taste - one bottle).

I really like Strongbow, but I just couldn't bring myself to try the Black Velvet. Seems like an odd mixture to me.

Harp > Smithwicks

Vodka and/or Gin, water, and limes. That is all you need to get drunk when beer bores you. All the other stuff with sugar and juices and mixtures of shots etc takes too long. Water and vodka so easy to make.

its still good beer.

No ... no ... it isn't. Not even close to a "good beer". No where near it.

Totally drinkable if the "point" is to be inebriated for cheap, maintaining a level of dignity still above the "beast" and the "natty".

No ... no ... it isn't. Not even close to a "good beer". No where near it.

Totally drinkable if the "point" is to be inebriated for cheap, maintaining a level of dignity still above the "beast" and the "natty".

+1

I love Bass and Fat Tire on occassions. Most the time I stick with Miller or Corona when I get trashed. Tequila/Jeager bombs seem to go down quite nicely with light clearer beer. Smithwicks is FTW agreed on that.

Holy shit, you just read my fucking mind.

If im getting drunk its Miller Light and cherry bombs or patron :) If im just having a beer its Sam Adams or whatever is their seasonal stuff at the moment. I think their "fall brew" (cant remember the name) is by far the best. If not that then Bass, Smithwicks, etc... Black and Tans and all that shit are a bit too much for me though. If your ever drinking in dublin let me know Ive got a few hookups at some "desirable locals" ;)

i like beer.. but don't like sam adams... i tried that summer ale and i just couldnt...

You've got to give it another try. Especially Sam Light and some other seasonal's. I garantee you'll find something you like from sam adams. and if you really skate on CCM's Im impressed.

/this concludes my very first triple post

Has anyone else here had Xingu? It is some good stuff and World Market normally has some of it in.

http://www.amazonbeer.com/

I've been drinkin that shit since I was 4. Seriously, my mom loves the stuff and up in New England the Brazilians run everything, so its easy to find. Black beer is awesome.