Trading the bike for...

Reed44

I am a compulsive buyer. Its hard for me to keep anything. I would rather go fast in a car than a bike. My gf is 7 months pregrant today. I really want another mustang but these to cars are nicely modded. There is a guy wanting to trade a 97 gt but he cant do it this weekend. Only in two weeks. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/749340067.html

Paul i'm going to try and make it to the party. Is there going to be alot of people there? What issues do 93z's have?

They have the issue of an LT1. Keep the bike (gas saver), keep a daily driver (gas saver), and save up for something better. If you don't, someday you'll be kicking yourself for this move. Just my opinion though.

I have also owned both and still agree with DSM. People cant seem to wrap their fucking heads around the fact when you build a car that exceeds the stock power limit, they break. DSMs are as reliable as their owners. If you maintain the car how it should be, and mod tastefully (not budget), then you will be fine.

first off, completely forget that mustang. npi 4.6's are fucking turds, at least untill a pi head swap. do not do that trade. 93 z28's and 92-93 vette's are pretty much untunable due to the computers, so at anything over a mild cam and header type of power level, people go to $2500+ aftermarket ecu's, so i'd say thats a no go. I've owned 1 dsm, and will never own another, they are fairly easy to work on, but unless a shop like buscher built that car, stay the fuck away lol. big parts lists on used dsm's usually equal big fuckin headache.

You were on the right track with the 87+ mustangs, look for a 94+ z28, you could do the dsm thing if you don't mind wrenching on it, and you will be, or keep the bike or trade it for an older 1000 if you're bored with it.

Just my 2 cents

unless a shop like buscher built that car, stay the fuck away lol.

Oh really? So any DSM that has not been built by BuschUr or any other DSM shop is not very well built eh? Care to provide some evidence to that?

If I were you, I would not be trying to educate anyone about DSMs.

I would keep the bike IMO

93 Z28 not even close to being worth the time. Worst year for an LT1 car and dsm's are well dsm's lol

sums it up

look for something else, if it was a maf lt1 they would be what you would want to pick up

Oh really? So any DSM that has not been built by BuschUr or any other DSM shop is not very well built eh? Care to provide some evidence to that?

If I were you, I would not be trying to educate anyone about DSMs.

No not any, and of course there are some very nice dsm's built in the backyard/garage/carport, but there are 15000000000000000000x as many that are fucking hack jobs from hell. you wanna try and argue the fact that these cars aren't fucked up 75% of the time, go for it, but my 91 tsi, my buddies 96 gst, another buddies 98 gsx, yet another 96 gsx and several other talons and eclipse's that i've had the misfortune of wrenching on, all had some dumb shit previous owner that had no clue wtf they were doing, just threw parts on and generally fucked the cars up beyond belief. Add to the fact weak ass drivelines at any thing above 25% stock power ratings, the fact that they are all at least 10 years old, and yea, its a fucking roll of the dice when it comes to finding a good one, and it's not real good odds in your favor.

That said, on the 93's you cant really tune them. i don't know why exactly, but it has something to do with the computers. they are a speed density design, where as in 94+ they went to maf design, and the computers were able to be flashed/chipped.

the only way to fix a 93 is get a harness and ecu from a 94+, which isn't to bad a deal, my buddy just ditched his speed density on his lt1. the only other way is drop big coin on an aftermarket computer. which is why i said go with the dsm!

It has a pcmforless tune in it right now. I will switch it over to maf when I get some other mods on it :nod: It should be fine right now though. I am gonna have it on a dyno to make sure everything is running well and may send the tune back out. We will see tomorrow. I am going to look at it a 1pm

everyone has their opinions about DSMs..youll have fun what ever you choose but just an fyi..i drive my talon everyday and have never had a problem with it..as stated just make sure you do it right and dont halfass anything or your only asking for trouble