New here

Guest James62888

Guest James62888

Hey everyone my name is James. I am a GM guy I am currently building a drag car, it's a 1987 Buick Regal and I'm putting a Buick 455 in it. I have a 1971 Nova ss in mint condition that has only 19k original miles for my show car. I went to Nascar Tech, so if you have any questions about Nascar just ask. I also have A LOT of parts that I'm trying to sell. All of my parts are GM so if you need any GM parts give me a shout. I currently own a marina, but I have always wanted to go racing, and some day I hope to have my own race team.

here's a couple pics....

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w266/troll338/71novasssignature.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w266/troll338/P1000517.jpg

Guest James62888
Welcome, Buicks/GM's are always welcome in my book. Just 1 question, why go with the 455 when you could go with a 231 and it would be alot faster

I want to be different and put a Buick v8 in it, since those regals didn't come with a Buick v8 from the factory, and plus I have a 1985 Buick Regal T-type, but it has some problems right now.

Guest James62888
What marina do you own?

I own Waynoka Marina, it's part of Lake Waynoka which is a gated community located 20 miles south of Hillsboro just off of 62.

Guest James62888
Welcome Positive rep for the buick im a buick 455 owner myself, and also sick ass nova especillay 19 original miles how did you find that?

Welcome and enjoy

The Nova has 19,xxx miles on it, my dad bought it at Bob McDorman, and gave me some goals to accomplish and he would give em the car after I accomplished those goals. I did what I had to do, and now the car belongs to me. The Nova isn't running right now, I've been having some major carburetor problems with it, and every carb I put on it doesn't work right. This winter I'm pulling the engine out, and I may put a different one in, until I find all the original parts for it. I have the original tires and wheels for the car, and that is the original paint.

I'm trying to get some of these boats fixed so I can have time to work on my stuff. I'm still lacking knowledge in the Buick department though. I've been a sbc guy my whole life, and I know a Buick 455 doesn't act like a sbc, and I've seen people build them like they were sbc, and they don't run right and I don't wanna be one of those guys.

Guest James62888
Well I just bought an 86 Regal that is setup for a sbc. I'm gonna build it, so the plans for the 455 in the 87 Regal have been thrown out the window, unless something happens to the sbc. I will post some pics of the new Regal after I get it off the trailer.

• 4 months later...