Resturant Review: Ruth's Chris Steak House

HAOLE

I took the wife there with some friends tonight. The service was great! The food was even better!

I had a fillet with broccoli and Au Gratin potatoes. Steak house salad. For desert we had a warm apple tart.

Overall damage: $121.00 with tip. (+25.00 for sitter)

What other high end steak houses are around? I think I can do this on a monthly basis.

Thumbs Up :thumbup:

gee, for once i agree with you. when i was in columbus, the wife and i went to Morton's steakhouse on our anniversary. i also like the (downtown) mitchell's steakhouse almost as much as morton's. hyde park on the cap (downtown) is also a great place for steak. J alexander's up on rte 23 is also another nice place to go.

I agree with all the above recommendations. But in my book, the best steak and the best value are at The Top on Main Street, east of Bexley. It isn't trying to re-create a 1960's, Rat Pack atmosphere ..... it literally hasn't changed since the 1960's. Dark paneling, piano bar, stiff martinis, large portions, delicious filets--and no words like "balsamic" sprinkled in the menu.

I agree with all the above recommendations. But in my book, the best steak and the best value are at The Top on Main Street, east of Bexley. It isn't trying to re-create a 1960's, Rat Pack atmosphere ..... it literally hasn't changed since the 1960's. Dark paneling, piano bar, stiff martinis, large portions, delicious filets--and no words like "balsamic" sprinkled in the menu.

Yeah know my wife's parents are always talking about how amazing that place was. I'm going to have to go.

The Top is badass. Anyplace that still offers Bernaise sauce is great in my book.

Ruth's Chrisses Steaks Houses is good, but they use a ton of butter and salt to prepare and season the steak...not the meat's natural juices. Good, but not top quality.

I grew up just a couple of mile from the Top. Never have dined there. I will put that on the list.

the japanese place on 161 (forget the name ) in the hotel sells kobe beef with two people it will be over 200 bucks, they say its the worlds best steak

Never had Kobe beef, I would be interested in the name of that place.

Chain, I have eaten at Ruth's Chris in Columbus, Dallas, Atlanta, DC and Seattle. Mortons here and in San Jose.

My favorite high-end place is in Dallas called 3 Forks (III Forks).

I have eaten at Mitchells, I like that place as well. Good wine selection.

I'm not a big fan of chain high end steakhouses. I'd rather find a local place. When I used to travel, my co-worker and I would try to find the best local steakhouse and go there for at least one dinner. In Denver we went to Elways (it was ok), Indy it's alway St. Elmo. Here in Charlotte, I love Mickey and Mooches.

For the chains, I've had pretty good success with Capital Grille. S&W is decent too.

For C-bus I liked HP. Dublin or High street locations.

apparently this was the weekend for expensive dinners...lol.

i know its not local, but if anyone visits st. augustine FL, check out the "Conch House".

g/f had prime rib, which was excellent, i had lobster, oyster, and shrimp, salads, and drinks, was about 110$. good time and great food

too bad there are no good brazilian steakhouses in columbus

just recently went to fogo de chou in chicago when i was there on business, and tampa has an identical one called boizau. for those of you who have never been to one, they're absolutely incredible. first, its all-you-can-eat. they've got a pretty sweet salad bar, and 4 sides that they continually bring to your table (fried banana, mashed potatoes, cheese rolls, and veggies). the best part: flip your coaster from red to green, and waiters immediately bring about 20 different types of meat to your table--bacon wrapped filet, top sirloin, bottom sirloin, ribeye, leg of lamb, pork, bacon wrapped chicken, gourmet sausage, and about 10 other types of beef/etc.---clearly, a vegetarian's worst nightmare.

just recently went to fogo de chou in chicago when i was there on business, and tampa has an identical one called boizau. for those of you who have never been to one, they're absolutely incredible. first, its all-you-can-eat. they've got a pretty sweet salad bar, and 4 sides that they continually bring to your table (fried banana, mashed potatoes, cheese rolls, and veggies). the best part: flip your coaster from red to green, and waiters immediately bring about 20 different types of meat to your table--bacon wrapped filet, top sirloin, bottom sirloin, ribeye, leg of lamb, pork, bacon wrapped chicken, gourmet sausage, and about 10 other types of beef/etc.---clearly, a vegetarian's worst nightmare.

That sounds like my kind of place!!

apparently this was the weekend for expensive dinners...lol.

i know its not local, but if anyone visits st. augustine FL, check out the "Conch House".

g/f had prime rib, which was excellent, i had lobster, oyster, and shrimp, salads, and drinks, was about 110$. good time and great food

HA I was just in St. Augustine on Thur... weird....

There is one in columbus, it's called Amazon and its great. It's in crosswoods, they have ben closed to remodel or something but will reopen. Exact kind of place you described.

http://www.amazonsteak.com/

There is one in columbus, it's called Amazon and its great. It's in crosswoods, they have ben closed to remodel or something but will reopen. Exact kind of place you described.

http://www.amazonsteak.com/

I think they're closed for good. It's been over a year or two since it was last open at Crosswoods.