Any Fisherman/Anglers?

Drewhop

I just started fishing again. Love getting out with the kids cause i remember when i was younger how I enjoyed going out fishing with my father.

Anyone a avid fisherman/woman what kind of fishing you do and where at?

I spent most of my life fishing been out of it for about 4 years seems like there is some new stuff out there.

Thats crazy you posted this.. because I plan on going this weekend for the first time in a while. I miss fishing.. its so relaxing.

Im probably going to buy new stuff too.. I cant wait to go shopping :D

I just did the same thing early this summer, I started getting back into fisihing again and bought all new stuff, I am more of a deep salt water fishing type but anything is fun. Ive had very good luck this year and has made bass fishing addicting.

I am going out to buckeye outdoors soon as i get off work. I actually started again cause my boss brought in a whole bunch of stuff and was throwing it away. I seen a couple fishing poles in there asked if i could take them and went home and cleaned them all up and oiled them and strung up some new line.

I have been out 3 times in past week and half I have not been this stress free since i was a kid. Also got my wife hooked on it as well. Went and bought her a nice Shakespeare Pole (its pink). Tonight its time to go find me some nice bass fishing gear.

Were are you heading to fish?

Bass, Crappie and Bluegill. I don't care much for catfish

I usually fish the farm ponds around the house but we also have a few decent lakes/reservoirs. There's Rushcreek Lake, Clouse Lake, somerset and New Lexington Reservoir. All of which are within 8 miles:)

Rushcreek Lake is a very good lake for those of you in columbus who don't mind traveling a little bit(8-10 miles east of Lancaster on rte 22)

edit-just seen you're from Newarkhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/wavey.gif

i fish for bass mostly. a few good places in westerville are sharon woods park, hoff park, hoover and alum creek. sharon woods you have to be under 16 to fish or over 65. the rest are free game. sharon is nice for kids cause you will almost always catch something but mostly blue gill or sun fish if using live bait. I used to be an avid fisherman but haven't been in a while. I won a youth bass fishing tournament in 99.

I recently got out my gear from when I was younger. It's bleh, but it works. I go to Grigg's or O'Shaughnessy sometimes since they are around the corner. I've only caught one fish though, and lost a ton of lures to the stupid underwater logs. Still relaxing, even though I curse at the water a lot.

Bass, Crappie and Bluegill. I don't care much for catfish

I usually fish the farm ponds around the house but we also have a few decent lakes/reservoirs. There's Rushcreek Lake, Clouse Lake, somerset and New Lexington Reservoir. All of which are within 8 miles:)

Rushcreek Lake is a very good lake for those of you in columbus who don't mind traveling a little bit(8-10 miles east of Lancaster on rte 22)

edit-just seen you're from Newarkhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/wavey.gif

I have been going out to Dillon Lake found a couple fun spots for the kids. Have caught a bunch of bluegill/sunfish few bass and couple small cats. Hopefully this weekend i can do a bit of exploring and maybe find some new spots closer to the inlet for some better sport fishing hopefully pick up some bigger fish.

Theres a difference in being a fisherman, and being an angler. A Fisherman is a man of chance and long term gains. You can go out on a boat and troll or just sit and wait for any old fish to drop your favorite lucky bobber. An Angler forces a specific fish to bite. He/She also has specific behavioral knowledge of the specific fish he/she is hunting. An angler can easily catch more fish in a day than a fisherman, and more of the same type, if not all of the same type... and if its a survival situation, thats what you want.

IMO, most exciting fishing you can do is Small Mouth Bass w/ and Ultralite rod (spincaster reel), and 2lb test line. Even the 1/2lb fish, feel big on that set up... and almost anyone can do it.

Theres a difference in being a fisherman, and being an angler. A Fisherman is a man of chance and long term gains. You can go out on a boat and troll or just sit and wait for any old fish to drop your favorite lucky bobber. An Angler forces a specific fish to bite. He/She also has specific behavioral knowledge of the specific fish he/she is hunting. An angler can easily catch more fish in a day than a fisherman, and more of the same type, if not all of the same type... and if its a survival situation, thats what you want.

IMO, most exciting fishing you can do is Small Mouth Bass w/ and Ultralite rod (spincaster reel), and 2lb test line. Even the 1/2lb fish, feel big on that set up... and almost anyone can do it.

I can agree with most of that except for me true excitement in fishing is seeing a large mouth bass hit a lure on top of the water and explode a foot out of the water. Small and large mouth bass put up a amazing fight i absolutely love bass fishing.

So if at one point i would have considered myself a angler but now i just fish for whatever feels like biting. What is that considered?

I can agree with most of that except for me true excitement in fishing is seeing a large mouth bass hit a lure on top of the water and explode a foot out of the water. Small and large mouth bass put up a amazing fight i absolutely love bass fishing.

So if at one point i would have considered myself a angler but now i just fish for whatever feels like biting. What is that considered?

Lazy? :confused:

People fish to actually catch fish? I do it to get drunk, ignore people, and stare into space. :)