Audi owners- Input needed

silverhatch

I was going to get one just before I got the STI, then I saw how expensive they are to fix. And they need fixing a lot from what I have read. There was an owner that carries Coil packs in the trunk because they go bad so often so he doesn't want to get stranded on the road. Another Guy posted, that is standard practice for a TT S4.

false

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

false

New coil packs honestly means nothing. They blow randomly. They are not a wear and tear item that needs to be changed every so many miles, they just randomly go. You could put a brand new one in and have it blow 5 days later, leaving you stranded. Order a few from pap parts and keep 1 or 2 in your trunk

I stand corrected, this was about an 1.8T A4. This was a thread posted a while ago I was going off memory and I thought for some reason it was an S4.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33688&highlight=Coil+Packs

I've never had a coil pack problem with my 1.8t, its got 146K on the clock and runs great. Only problem I've had is suspension issues since my car is so low to the ground, I've had to replace quite a few ball joints up front. Overall great cars, very reliable if you do the maintenance on time.

The salesman told us about the coil pack problem and to carry a spare in the trunk to avoid having to call roadside assistance. He said they could be purchased for around $20.00 but I haven't checked on that.

I was unaware that a certified pre-owned car comes with a warranty up to 100,000 miles including roadside assistance. I also was surprised to hear that the next couple services 35K, 45K would be free. They will give us a loaner car (unlike Subaru who refused after Michelle at Byers left).

All in all I think it's not going to be a bad car even if it's not one of my beloved Subies.

The coil pack problem is only an issue on the B6 1.8T cars, 2002-2005. The 2.0T does not have any issues to my knowledge of blowing them any more than any other car.

I used to have a B7 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro 6 speed. I had GIAC chip for 15k miles and loved it. Great car, a lot of fun all year round.

I miss that car almost every day. I only had one problem in the first 24k miles, a coolant flange broke, covered under warranty with an A4 loaner.

As Jones said, CPO gets you 6/100k warranty, and 05 and 06s had free maint for the first 50k miles. Also, they were the last for transferable CPO warranty if I am not mistaken.

The 2.0T is an amazing engine. As Jones said, a chipped 2.0T is putting out K04 1.8T power, and add a turbo back exhaust and you are putting out fully supported K04 1.8T numbers.

They are putting out around 300wtq and 215-230whp.

You could also look at some CPO S4's, their values have been plumiting do to the gas prices and general economy. I have found some CPO 2005 S4's with about 40k miles on them for around 25k!!!!

Good luck, and hopefully we will see a new Audi post soon.

The salesman told us about the coil pack problem and to carry a spare in the trunk to avoid having to call roadside assistance. He said they could be purchased for around $20.00 but I haven't checked on that.

I was unaware that a certified pre-owned car comes with a warranty up to 100,000 miles including roadside assistance. I also was surprised to hear that the next couple services 35K, 45K would be free. They will give us a loaner car (unlike Subaru who refused after Michelle at Byers left).

All in all I think it's not going to be a bad car even if it's not one of my beloved Subies.

Yes, you always get a free loaner. :)

Life is great in the audi world. :p

They will give us a loaner car (unlike Subaru who refused after Michelle at Byers left).

She was great, and easy on the eyes. :) You would think loaner cars would be an easy thing when the same people that own "Byers" own "Hertz" in town.

I never met Michelle but their service department sure went downhill after she left. The new service guy refused to give us a loaner (even a Taurus). I found him to be just plain rude. He acted as if I was distracting him from whatever else he was trying to do when I called to set up appointments. He argued with me about the loaner and said they don't do that. They forgot to bolt/put my rear seat in one time after repairs and the shifter was missing bolts in the cover plate.

I never met Michelle but their service department sure went downhill after she left. The new service guy refused to give us a loaner (even a Taurus). I found him to be just plain rude. He acted as if I was distracting him from whatever else he was trying to do when I called to set up appointments. He argued with me about the loaner and said they don't do that. They forgot to bolt/put my rear seat in one time after repairs and the shifter was missing bolts in the cover plate.

:eek:

Ouch

:(

yep sounds like Subaru service in general around here to me.

B5 audi's had the ball joint problem...b6's and b7's (2002+) do not have those problems.

Ah ok. Nice to hear they fixed it. The cars I had mentioned were various friends with B5 1.8t and V6 A4s and two S4s. All of them had to replace wheel bearings fairly frequently.

I know my chevy I've never not gotton a loaner. I've had a Impala and a HHR. Same with the monte. I was unaware subaru was pabs.

Ford is the same way. When we bought an Acura RSX they treated us like gold but then we bought a $40,000 Ford F250 and they treated us like 2nd class citizens when we went for repairs.

• 2 weeks later...