To that guy in the white civic: wat?

Draco-REX

Well, it finally happened. I drew the attention of a Ricer. Considering the cars I drive, it was only a matter of time, but it took longer than I thought it would.

I was driving down Sawmill on my way home from lunch in my rally car. There's a race this weekend, so I have it out and about while I get it ready. I pass a slammed white civic hatch in need of some body work, riding on 4 steelies and speaking through a fartcan. I don't think much of it and roll past. I suddenly hear someone shout and the civic speeds up to pace me. I look over and a kid with a shaved head in a dirty wifebeater starts yelling at me.

The Guy: "I eat Subarus for lunch!"

Me: "Wow, you must have bad indigestion!"

TG: "I think Subarus Suck!"

Me: "Well, it's good you feel that way!"

At that point, traffic splits us up and I head for the highway. He shouts something else that I forget and I just twirled my finger in the air. I kind of wished we had been stuck at a light. I'm curious what he was trying to accomplish. I mean, he stated his dislike for Subarus, which is fine and I recognized that fact. But really, other than convincing me that he was mentally deficient, I can't see any other reason for getting my attention.

One thing that really gets me was that he was the passenger! He didn't even have his car with him if he was trying to get a race.... in the afternoon.... on sawmill.... :rolleyes: And what's even worse is that if he did defy common sense to that extent, he surely would have tried to get us into a drag race and the word "Rally" is on the back of my car THREE times! (SCCA RallyCross, Rally or Die, and Eat, Sleep, Rally) Why the hell would I drag-race in that car?

So if anyone knows this kid, please ask him what he was trying to do, because I'm really confused.

I also want to advise you that I think Subarus suck.

"The Guy" (his actual name !) and I, are currently in the midst of gathering support for the "Coalition of the Illin", where we will don doo rags by the dozen(on the head, out of pocketz, shoes and shoestring rags ect), sporting gaudy mouthpieces the kids call "grillz" and putting excessivey wide, body kits with fluorescent tubing running down the sideskirtz, called "neonz", by the kidz in the know. Get ready cause were here to kick ass and take names, yelling obsenities to passer-bys from the comfort of the passenger seat ! Fuck Yeah.

• Upvote 1

Kids like that are what gives us good honda owners bad names.

For the most part, any idiot in a particular car can give other owners bad names too. Just for whatever reason, it seems Honda kiddies do that a lot more than anyone else.

For the most part, any idiot in a particular car can give other owners bad names too. Just for whatever reason, it seems Honda kiddies do that a lot more than anyone else.

Very true, thats why soemtimes I hate rolling up to places with lots of domestics. Most the time before I even get out of the car there already talking shit. Its hard meeting new people when your already hated on from the start.

I get more annoying folk in Civics and Mustangs than any other specific model of cars. Though thats probably just because they're so popular, the probability of "negative" encounters would adjust accordingly. To this date I've probably been annoyed by a driver of every performance car available, unfortunetly including another EVO owner ... tsk tsk douchebag ... tsk tsk.

I have a natural reaction to situations like that to just keep driving to wherever I'm going. It's kept me out of a lot of trouble, I'm sure. But ther eare times when I wish I stuck round. I should have egged him on until he demanded a race and told him to show up at the corner of Briton pkwy and Davidson.. ..then arrived with my rally tires on. ;)

Since getting the MS3, I swear every kid in a Honda or RSX eggs this old man on.....in my GXP I would get the occasional mustang and even an F-body but never any of the little guys. Now I think they just are drawn to bother me like nats.

I get more annoying folk in Civics and Mustangs than any other specific model of cars.

I saw a similar ricer when I went to sams club on sawmill to get new tires a bit ago. People in the car were dressed the same way as well.

Hopefully they haven't reproduced yet cause it probably wont be long before they somehow remove themselves from the gene pool.

Hangin out the passenger side of his best friends ride tryin to holla at me, and I holla back "get a fuckin life dumb ass!" What is really funny is just because I squack my tires in my beat up s-10 those silly ricers think I wanna race. World is full of idiots.