2 laps of Mid-Ohio

Dr. Apex

They rarely run the club course I'm told, though we asked about it and I've seen video of it and would love to run it. Passing is only on the straights with a wave in 1 & 2, 3 the rules vary depending on what exercises they are working on.

goofy, i've never been to a DE at Mid-Ohio that didn't run the club course. Maybe it's a NASA thing or something.

I asked about the passing because it looked like the S2K passed you on the back straight without a point, or maybe it was out of camera view?

I signaled, just can't see it. They did it the first event this year I'm told, but not since and Ray had run there quite a bit and he's only driven it once. I'd like to do it since it completely changes that straight and the entrance to the keyhole somewhat.

Wheels?

Thanks for posting this. I watched tons of other YouTube vids of Mid Ohio racing that YouTube recommended. Ate up a lot of precious time. :-) Anyway, you inspired me to download the new Mid Ohio track for GTR2. Now I am turning some virtual hot laps.

Cheers,

CJ

I signaled, just can't see it. They did it the first event this year I'm told, but not since and Ray had run there quite a bit and he's only driven it once. I'd like to do it since it completely changes that straight and the entrance to the keyhole somewhat.

Wheels?

cool, thanks for the clarification. I was pretty sure that you could only open pass in HPDE1, but just wanted to make sure. Yeah, I've never driven the pro course, but for a DE type invironment I think the club course would be more challenging/fun. Would they let you pass between 1 and the keyhole though? That would be the only other benefit I could see.

I believe Kenny was referring to the idea that track days with motorcycles are better. Having done both for a while I can tell you that bike days are much more exhilarating, but car days allow you to relax a bit more and have more fun.

Would they let you pass between 1 and the keyhole though? That would be the only other benefit I could see.

NASA always runs Pro course at Mid Ohio becuase there's racing going on at the same time as DE...and they use the pro configuration just like most of the racing organizations do now. There was talk at first that they were going to rotate and use the pro course one year and the club course the next, but I think for the sake of consistancy they decided to just stick to the Pro. configuration.

Most groups allow passing out of T1 even using the club course but only in the more advanced groups. We were passing there with PCA last week.