New from Cuyahoga Falls

eightvalve

Hi all! Found this site off a craigslist ad, surprisingly enough. I've been looking for an Ohio site with riders like me. Not the "Harley" type bikes and riders. Granted, my bike is technically a Harley, but I disavow that side of the gene pool! I just got done building this and can't wait till spring to actually RIDE my project. Anyway, I'm in the Falls near Akron. Anyone else local?

OK, now about the bike. I've been thru 5 bikes this summer. A '74 CB360 that was perfect and a cafe'd it, a '64 Triumph T-120R chopper basket, a '01 Ducat 748 (NICE), a RC46 (VFR800i) that was gorgeous. I have a short attention span. I kind of traded my way to what I always wanted. I finally got my hands on a Buell Firebolt. I wanted one since they came out. I got a '03 XB9R. It was totaled in '02 by the dealer and the guy I got it off of did a frame swap and it sat from '03 till I got it in Nov. '08. Damn thing still has original tires. It only has 985 miles. Problem was the title on the new frame was screwy. I just did another swap to a clean title frame, a paint job and its done! Now I have a basically new 6yr old bike! Heres pics from when I got it to now. Definitely a change for the better!

Then: Bodywork was rough and I wasn't a big fan of graphics

25852750097_medium.jpg

25852750098_medium.jpg

Now:

25852750094_medium.jpg?514907-009

25852750092_medium.jpg?514907-009

Aside from my ZX7RR I built and sold from last year, my old cardomain site has all my projects. I have the Buell and a 900RR project I'm listing for sale sometime soon for damn near nothing.

Heres the site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2585275/

Check out my Attention Deficit Disorder thru pictures!

Like I said, long progression of awesome bikes to get here. I had to have a Buell. Just couldn't stomach the 10K buy-in. I had the Duc and thought it was the peak. Too much in maint. cost to put the miles on a bike like I do. I forgot to mention I had a '98 900SS Duc since new I sold as a basketcase recently. I've got to put the pics of it on the cardomain. I really need Ritalin.

Welcome!

I'm from Stow myself, lived there my whole life until I started college at OSU, but I still go back home for breaks and on the occasional weekend. I've spent more than my fair share of time over in the Falls; went to highschool at Walsh and about half of my friends live there.

Us Akron/Kent area guys should get a ride together sometime this spring :D