Who will line up with me Oct 3rd?

Cordell

my car is fixed now and now that its running right im having serious traction issues going into second gear....i have a feeling on my all season tires its going to be a pig...i hit second and i just start spinning, its not just a chirp... hopefully the track will be sticky enough to compensate

LOL, its trails, good luck getting any traction on street tires. ive tried that to, it usually ends up with me launching and spinning like crazy through first and second gears.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, its trails, good luck getting any traction on street tires. ive tried that to, it usually ends up with me launching and spinning like crazy through first and second gears.

i never had any issues with traction at trails.... mabey you suck at driving.....

It doesn't. I put some thread sealer shit I got from Dave and it sealed the radiator right up. no leaks over here :).

Glad to hear, I really look forward to seeing what it'll do. Seeing as how you have bearings in the bottom end too. ;)

My next daily may just be another 3.8SC. I really miss my Ultra. :(

I'm going to be MUCH faster than the last time I was at the track.

Have you done anything else since you last ran?

i would hope so lol do you have drag radials to use? if not your probably just gonna spin a lot.

yea, a few small things. dropped some weight off the car, 1 piece drive shaft (it doesnt sound like much, but it ALOT better than the 2 piece POS that came in it) electric water pump.

i would hope so lol do you have drag radials to use? if not your probably just gonna spin a lot.

yea, a few small things. dropped some weight off the car, 1 piece drive shaft (it doesnt sound like much, but it ALOT better than the 2 piece POS that came in it) electric water pump.

13.9 :).

I have slicks. I just never put them on this car yet. I had them from my Lumina days so I think I'll be ok in that department.

I had the mustang bullitts on the car the last time at the track. I just found out those things weigh liked 50 lbs a piece with the tire. My stock rim is what I'm pimping now and they weigh around 40ish each.

I just put on an i/c on. I was running like 12 degrees of timing and still getting KR with a 10.5 a/f :(.

Now I'm around 11.5ish and got my timing up to 18 and stock tires.

Once I get that tuned in I'll throw a smaller pulley on it (looking for a cheap Modular pulley setup with a 3.2) at the track and see what happens.

with the tire change, i/c, a/f fix, and timing upping.. I shouldn't get anything slower than a 13.5.

We'll see :).

13.9 :).

I have slicks. I just never put them on this car yet. I had them from my Lumina days so I think I'll be ok in that department.

I had the mustang bullitts on the car the last time at the track. I just found out those things weigh liked 50 lbs a piece with the tire. My stock rim is what I'm pimping now and they weigh around 40ish each.

I just put on an i/c on. I was running like 12 degrees of timing and still getting KR with a 10.5 a/f :(.

Now I'm around 11.5ish and got my timing up to 18 and stock tires.

Once I get that tuned in I'll throw a smaller pulley on it (looking for a cheap Modular pulley setup with a 3.2) at the track and see what happens.

with the tire change, i/c, a/f fix, and timing upping.. I shouldn't get anything slower than a 13.5.

We'll see :).

Very nice. ive got a new exaust setup coming along with prostar drag rims and skinnies, bigger fuel injectors and a tune. after that im hoping for right around 13.5 to, but unfortunately that all wont be done by the 3rd lol

Very nice. ive got a new exaust setup coming along with prostar drag rims and skinnies, bigger fuel injectors and a tune. after that im hoping for right around 13.5 to, but unfortunately that all wont be done by the 3rd lol

I still don't believe your maxing out your injectors. Not with your setup. I dyno'ed 233 WHP and never had an issue on stock L36 injectors.

Maybe some day before the track day you could swing over my place and we can scan it.

I still don't believe your maxing out your injectors. Not with your setup. I dyno'ed 233 WHP and never had an issue on stock L36 injectors.

Maybe some day before the track day you could swing over my place and we can scan it.

but im pretty sure im making more power than you were though. i made 222 whp with basically 5 cylinders, plus ive done more since then and still have more coming.

sounds good, let me know when you can do it some weekend or something.

but im pretty sure im making more power than you were though. i made 222 whp with basically 5 cylinders, plus ive done more since then and still have more coming.

sounds good, let me know when you can do it some weekend or something.

Oh, I thought you put down like under 200 or something.

If I were you i'd just pick up a set of cheap L67 injectors (36 lb). They're cheap and better than the 24 (I think) lb injectors on the L36.

Oh, I thought you put down like under 200 or something.

If I were you i'd just pick up a set of cheap L67 injectors (36 lb). They're cheap and better than the 24 (I think) lb injectors on the L36.

already did. had em in at one point, but it kept flooding the motor and it wouldnt stay running lol so im just waiting to get it tuned before i put em back in.