Cops in Columbus are angels

El Karacho1647545492

compared to the dickwads at the BPD.

Long story short, me and the roomies decided it'd be fun to sell hot dogs to drunken freshmen as they pass home by our house to the dorms for $1. Car accident happens in front of our place, cops decided to write me a $300 ticket for having a party at our place when no one was inside, we never allowed anyone in our yard, and kept people moving in front of our place and told them to clear out during the accident.

I'm not mad I got a ticket, I'm just mad that they ticketed me for having a party instead of unlicensed sale of food which I suppose we were actually doing. The worst part about this is that we've got literally no appeal grounds because whatever those fuckstick corrupt cops say is law here and we're just college students.

Oh well, might as well get used to the rule of law before China takes over.

edit: I fully realize I had this coming to me in every way, and I'm just going to have to pay the damn ticket and move on. this is just a rant thread.

You were cited for having a party. If you DO NOT fight the citation, a judge will sign the ticket. If you DO fight, the officer has to show evidence to support his reason for the citation.

You have 2 choices. Do nothing and pay = you suck. Go to court to be heard = tell your side and have charges dropped = you still suck (becasue you're you!)

IF you go to court - DO NOT TELL THE JUDGE you were selling hot dogs. That has NOTHING to do with the citation. It was for a party for which you didn't have. I'm sure you can get your neighbors on both sides and across the street to sign an affidavit to declare you WERE NOT involved in the activities of the citation.

Just for the record - ALWAYS FIGHT any ticket you ever get in life...ALWAYS! If you don't, guilty or not, the system just got free $$$. At least make them work for it by finishing the process of justice.

Don't give up, loser. :D

I'd fight that one

if you were not having a party then just admit to having a hotdog stand and no lisence (wich you didn't get ticketed for) force it into a jury trial you'll win

I'll probably end up doing it, but the system works differently in Taxachusetts. Unfortunately for me and the other 500,000 college students attending 60+ colleges here, the city of Boston pretty much turns a blind eye to the actions of cops when it comes to college students. I've seen cops punch people out cold with no warning. I've also seen cops get punched out cold because they were messing with someone too big for them in a way that wasn't exactly legal.

My idea as of now is to pay the ticket in all pennies, as the coinage act of 1965 states that all U.S. government buildings must take any and all legal tender. if they want to stick me with this ticket, they're gonna have a hell of a time counting 30,000 pennies.

i would do that if you're going to pay it. go cash in your 300$, remove all of it from the wrappers, and put it into a pillow case. take it in, dump it out, tell them you need the case back

with the luck it sounds like you have though, they'll make you wait there until its all counted out

i know the people at both the addresses, great houses. congrats on getting out, back in cbus?

both were shitholes, but I had a blast at them both. We made lots of money partying in those houses.

Columbus for a time, in Cleveland now.