Look what is on OUR streets....

Putty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Buckeye Nissan a couple of weeks ago, they had just taken delivery of one black and one white GTR. They told me their dealership had deposits on their entire allocation until Sept/Oct. 2009.

They had a white one there a week ago. It is not for me , just did not make me say I want one of those.

I know the sticker on thew windshield said retail is $78,000. The hp was stated on the invoice and it I believe it said upper 300 or lower 400 , I can't remember.

What times was it running at the trails ?

Nissan rates them at 480HP but it is more likely in the 510-520ish range. Quarter-mile times have been all over the place in the various magazine tests thus far but most are in the high 11s / Low 12s @ 118-120mph range.

Jeff

I'd rather have a Z06.

Never having driven a GTR I can't say for sure, but on paper I would rather have a Z06 as well. Looking at the two cars sitting side-by-side it is amazing how much BIGGER the GTR is. The car is freaking huge in comparison to the Z06. Here are some pics:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2092668

I can see it getting quite a few more "Looks" than a vette (Which is about the only reason I would rather have a Viper than a Z06) but that isn't enough to buy one IMO. The biggest thing keeping me from getting overly interested in them is the yet un-tested drivetrain.

Jeff

That's the main thing I dislike about the GTR - it looks like an SUV.

That, and the amount of annoying drift fags that would try to talk to you.

HAHAHA drift fags hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahaha I almost just spit powerade out my nose while reading that

+1 on lookin like and suv and + 1 one rather having an suv

and +rep for you kenny

I saw a red one on 270 the other day with vanity plates..

I was reading in Car and Driver that they are not producing hte HP that they are being advertised at.. any truth?

I read that too in the most recent magazine. Doesn't surprise me. I would still rock one over a Z06 though.