Concealed Carry Guns

max power

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at those but I am a fat ass and would not wear that shirt by itself. So covering it up with a shirt on top would pretty much make it hard to get the gun out from under your armpit. Plus the moisture that would build up in the summer months will not be good for the gun. Plus I am left handed so that makes it harder to find what I am looking for.

SuperTuck_untucked2-154x217.jpg

Edited by speedytriple

There are two simple answers anyone who has to live with a concealed weapon will tell you...

Glock.

Galco.

Some will tell you the Glocks jam-these rumors are due to the fact that many people who fire a Glock are used to a 1911...if you hold the Glock loosely it will in fact jam occasionally. It must be gripped. And if you have it out to use it, trust me-you'll be gripping the living shit out of it. The Bersa, as a side note, is a joke.

Glock? oh you mean those guns that feel like i am grabbing a brick! yeah I seen them before..LOL! Not a big fan of the ergos on those guns. But they are going to go BANG everytime. I tried every one i think and none felt right in my hand. I am of the though that if it does not feel right I am not getting it. Dont think I should have to get use to the way a gun fits my hand. If all I am thinking of is how much i hate the grips everytime I am shooting it, I dont want it. let the shit fly my way!!LOL

see, now I'm not John Rambo, I don't know how well I'd take to knowing that I ended someones life. I'll take the 'neutralize' option first, and leave the 'terminate' option until last :(

Well, if that's how you feel I'd suggest not carrying at all. There's obviously a huge responsibility that comes with carrying and the biggest one is the fact that you just might have to take the life of another.

You could just as easily 'neutralize' your attacker with a lamp if you're worried about killing them. I'm sure once the second attacker sees how you've taken out his partner he won't stick around.

Well, if that's how you feel I'd suggest not carrying at all. There's obviously a huge responsibility that comes with carrying and the biggest one is the fact that you just might have to take the life of another.

You could just as easily 'neutralize' your attacker with a lamp if you're worried about killing them. I'm sure once the second attacker sees how you've taken out his partner he won't stick around.

Well your still allowed to carry your penis right? Even if you have no idea how to use it. :beating:

Sorry I'm not a gung ho wanna kill everyone and anyone who pisses me off kinda guy, but I assure you if I had to, I would, but I'd seriously consider all other available options first. I didn't get my CCW with dreams of vigilante justice or an 'I can't wait to shoot at someone' attitude, I got it because I can. Mainly for my drive to work, I go through some pretty sketchy neighborhoods on my way and when I'm on the bike I get lots of less than desierable members of socity checking it out a little more than they should be and I feel safer with it.

Your reasoning for getting the permit is exactly why it's available. That is a good reason. I just may take it a bit further and carry all the time. I never know when something bad will happen. I can't tell the future and I don't ever drive through bad neighborhoods. (well' date=' maybe not never but as there aren't any on my daily commutes) It's just nice to have a little extra coverage on my 'I don't feel like dying today' policy. And I agree with you and the last thing I want to do is kill somebody in defense of my own life or the life of another. I also want to come home to my wife every night.[/quote']

Amen, Couldn't have said it any better if I tried, and I did, and it didn't sound that good. And yes I do carry the majority of the time, but on trips to my grandmothers or up to the drug store, I tend not to. I live in a well kept middle class neighborhood with a good police force and a low crime rate, my odds of running into trouble around town are extremely scarce.

I looked at those but I am a fat ass and would not wear that shirt by itself. So covering it up with a shirt on top would pretty much make it hard to get the gun out from under your armpit. Plus the moisture that would build up in the summer months will not be good for the gun. Plus I am left handed so that makes it harder to find what I am looking for.

SuperTuck_untucked2-154x217.jpg

they make this holster in either left or right hand. and its not considered deep concealment. the cell pall is deep concealment. I'm a fat ass and this is the holster that i will be getting for my mill pro. this holster has rave reviews. everybody that i have talked 2 and anyforum that i have read they love it.

There are two simple answers anyone who has to live with a concealed weapon will tell you...

Glock.

Galco.

Some will tell you the Glocks jam-these rumors are due to the fact that many people who fire a Glock are used to a 1911...if you hold the Glock loosely it will in fact jam occasionally. It must be gripped. And if you have it out to use it, trust me-you'll be gripping the living shit out of it. The Bersa, as a side note, is a joke.

glock. lol.

Well your still allowed to carry your penis right? Even if you have no idea how to use it. :beating:

Sorry I'm not a gung ho wanna kill everyone and anyone who pisses me off kinda guy, but I assure you if I had to, I would, but I'd seriously consider all other available options first. I didn't get my CCW with dreams of vigilante justice or an 'I can't wait to shoot at someone' attitude, I got it because I can. Mainly for my drive to work, I go through some pretty sketchy neighborhoods on my way and when I'm on the bike I get lots of less than desierable members of socity checking it out a little more than they should be and I feel safer with it.

I'll tell you what, you leave my penis out of this discussion and I'll leave your vagina out of it. :nono: Kids

Take it how you want, call me a vigilante, Rambo, whatever. I fully understand that if I have no way out of a situation and I'm forced to squeeze the trigger I will not shot to wound. You wanna get backed into a corner and shoot arms and legs, knock yourself out. I don't think anyone wants to kill another person, but if it's me or him....he's going to lose.

i'm so glad i'm a ninja (i have my black belt in malls) so i know exactly what i would do with my glock shuriken guns if i was attacked by pirate zombies. i'd aim straight for their taint without mercy.

it's the only way to kill a pirate zombie, you know.

you noobie pussies don't know shit bout mall ninjitsu. pitiful.

I went out in January intending to buy another Kimber. On the suggestion of R1crusher I checked out the Taurus PT145.

I now own a Taurus. The Kimber CDP Ultra is 7+1. The Taurus is 10+1 and is only about 2/3 the wieght. Also most double stack magazine guns feel very bulky. This one does not. It makes for a great carry weapon.

I may head up to the next gun show and see if I can get a glock 23 compact there. I have a glock 22 that is an older model but that thing shoots all day long without a hiccup. When I start to carry, once I get my permit, it will be a glock 23 or even a 19, which means I'll have to get magazines for it. The best things about 9mm are the price of ammo and the amount of recoil compared to the 40S&W. I don't buy the whole stopping power deal since people react differently to being shot, unless you disrupt the central nervous system. I'd love to carry my Ruger GP100 around as well. A good IWB holster should do wonders for that cannon. As far as Springfield XD's go, I only shot the sub-compact 9mm which failed to impress me. One failure to feed but then again, it was a range gun so who knows what kind of abuse it had before I got to it. I did like the design though...

I may head up to the next gun show and see if I can get a glock 23 compact there. I have a glock 22 that is an older model but that thing shoots all day long without a hiccup. When I start to carry, once I get my permit, it will be a glock 23 or even a 19, which means I'll have to get magazines for it. The best things about 9mm are the price of ammo and the amount of recoil compared to the 40S&W. I don't buy the whole stopping power deal since people react differently to being shot, unless you disrupt the central nervous system. I'd love to carry my Ruger GP100 around as well. A good IWB holster should do wonders for that cannon. As far as Springfield XD's go, I only shot the sub-compact 9mm which failed to impress me. One failure to feed but then again, it was a range gun so who knows what kind of abuse it had before I got to it. I did like the design though...

So - I'm new to this but have been thinking of a glock 9mm for sometime. I'm going this weekend to sign up for my CCL classes. Why the 23? 19?

The glock 23 is a compact version of the glock in .40S&W, with a 4-inch barrel as opposed to my glock 22, which is a bit larger with a 4.5-inch barrel. If you get a glock in 9mm, get a glock 19 and practice. All of the magazines are interchangable in each caliber so you can use a glock 17 magazine that holds 17 shots in your glock 19. Plus you can get a 33-round magazine as well for some serious firepower but it's heavy and of course harder to conceal. I have not heard one bad thing about a glock 19, and some consider it to be the best 9mm ever made. The .40 round is going to make a bigger hole though and less likely to exit the body of your target, which is a good thing. Shooting it produces a very snappy recoil though, even in my full sized pistol. Sure, my glock 22 isn't pretty but it fires everytime and is quite accurate.

Have been looking at a few ccw compacts.

Mostly the Ruger LCP

http://www.rugerlcp.com/

and the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa9.php

Does anyone have any opinions/experience with either of these?

Any other sugesstions in the sub $350 market?

I bought the Bersa Thunder .380 (aluminum frame) to carry when I got sick of clunking around the G23. .40 cal is still my favorite round for making two legs fall down, but the little Bersa seems well made, reliable and fairly accurate. Fun to plink with and with Corbon +P hollowpoints, it should put a nice hole in whomever finds themselves on the noisy end....

In short, it is very VERY light and comfortable. Has DA/SA and quarter cock if you like to carry with saftey off and one in the pipe like I do. There isn't any other pistol in the price range that I would carry either.

Now, if you have lots of cash burning a hole in you pocket, well... check out the Sig Arms and maybe even the good old Walther PPK...

Or, just grab a small alloy wheel gun. I don't like revolvers, but they certainly won't jam or misfeed on ya...

*notice the Bersa in my sig pic... that is my carry piece and the Glock is what it replaced for day to day carry.... (still carry the Glock if it fits my outfit/mood/destination, like, for instance, family reunions and funerals....)

The Bersa .380 is a great gun, especially for the money. .380 ammo is another thing. I prefer 1911's myself. I don't care for Glock's at all, but everyone is different. The "no safety" on the Glock kinds bugs me (I know there's a trigger safety sort of).

For a tactical weapon, I would not want to have an external safety that I have to worry about when my mind is already high on adrenalin. Once the glock is locked and loaded, it only goes off when you depress the trigger. Mine has never jammed and who knows what its been through before I got ahold of it, being a police trade-in. So far so good.

For a tactical weapon, I would not want to have an external safety that I have to worry about when my mind is already high on adrenalin. Once the glock is locked and loaded, it only goes off when you depress the trigger. Mine has never jammed and who knows what its been through before I got ahold of it, being a police trade-in. So far so good.

I'm no longer a big fan of Tupperware (glocks) but I own and have owned several and the simplicity and reliability was always good for me. Even with the SA/DA pistols I still leave my safety off and one in the pipe. When I draw and fire, I don't waste time with flicking a switch first...

As for the safety, there is the same safety on EVERY gun, your MOTHER FUCKING FINGER. Don't want the gun to fire? Don't put your finger on the trigger... real god damn simple.

1. Do not point firearms at anything you do not intend to shoot at.

2. Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

3. All guns are loaded. Always. No matter how many times you clear it. Loaded.