Concealed Carry Guns

max power

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the type of round doesn't matter

A bad guy isn't gonna say "damn..you hit me with a h-shock, h-point. Same result will come from a FMJ, if put in the right place. Are you shooting to see the size hole you make or what limb you can knock off...or stop the threat?

A bad guy isn't gonna say "damn..you hit me with a h-shock, h-point. Same result will come from a FMJ, if put in the right place. Are you shooting to see the size hole you make or what limb you can knock off...or stop the threat?

i will only shoot a hydrashock for the fact that if i use a FMJ and it goes in then out its my ass if someone or something else gets hit!!! i dont want to take that risk!

• 1 month later...
I hope your not serious.

A buddy of mine go into a shootout with a couple of thugs... He hit one guy 2 or 3 times with his 9mm & the guy didn't even flinch. Moreover, the guy got away. They caught him because he went to the hospital a few hours later.

What exactly is your point? My brother and a co-worker of his shot a dog 13 times with .40HP before it stopped running at them.

If someone is running at you, it would probably take a shot gun to literally stop them. The whole idea is that most people won't continue running at someone that is shooting them, because the closer you get the easier the shot. Stop being stupid, you gonna carry a shotgun around?

Ok, maybe I didn't word that correctly... What I SHOULD have said is that it is a LOT harder to stop the deadly threat with a 9mm than with a larger calibre weapon. You can stop someone with a .22 if placed correctly. But when bullets start flying around, shot placement becomes sporadic.

I know MANY people that have shot criminals with 9mm and it didn't stop them. (Not saying that it won't, it's just that they didn't hit the 'correct' spots) ALL of them are now carrying .40s. You can buy what you want, but I do not trust my life to a 9mm pistol.

Sorry for the confusion in my previous post.

Let me add something... The reason why 9mm isn't the best is because it has a small bullet, as you all know. The bullet is pointer than a 40 or 45. I'd say that a hollow point 9mm would do less damage than a FMJ 40, if shot in the same exact spot. (Not vital location)

I want a full sized 1911. A buddy of mine was telling me that I can get a replica of the old school military 1911 really cheap from some place.

Bottom line is that if you are going to use a gun for CCW, don't buy a gun based on how much it will cost to go to the range. Buy a gun based on the fact that your life might depend on it.

I know MANY people that have shot criminals with 9mm and it didn't stop them. (Not saying that it won't, it's just that they didn't hit the 'correct' spots)

1. Im tempted to call bullshit.

2. How do you know they were hit.

3. Dont care if its a 9 or a 40 but shot placement is key no matter what you say.

4. Sounds like you need to change where you hang out or your group of friends.

Sounds good. Be sure to make the first shot count since acquiring your second shot may take a little while.

I like .380s but don't like the price of the ammunition. I like 9mm but didn't see one that tickled my fancy.

Carried a 9 for a couple years but prefer my .38 over anything else. I am confident that it will stop any threat I may encounter;)