Concealed Carry Guns

max power

I'm pretty sure a .380ACP will penetrate a flannel jacket or even one of those fancy Tommy Hilfiger hoodies. I agree that one should carry the largest caliber that they can fire efficiently but saying a 9mm won't stop a threat is ridiculous.

Agreed' date=' but it's a live and learn. I can't help but think of the Korean conflict, where the little .30 carbine would just bounce off the Winter clothing of the advancing enemy troops. Sure, it knocked them down, but they kept getting back up over and over...

[i'](7.62mm) .30cal M1 Carbine rifle round...

So what did we replace it with? The same caliber, and a better projectile, but with a lot more energy and velocity.

M-14, M1A1, M1A2, 7.62x51mm NATO

I have bought cheap ammo before, both 9mm and .45cal, that had little or no power. Bad reloads or whatever, it won't do the job.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked one of these up nice gun for the price. pt 145 pro in .45acp 10+132444.jpg

Where and how much?

I'm starting to think this might be the best choiceattachment.php?attachmentid=30943&d=1205102356

Anyone know where I can get it for that price?

Edited by max power

max that air weight is a nice gun. they had one at my class to try and it was pretty nice. little bit of kick if you have +p in them, but its manageable

That's my carry piece. Max if you can get it for that price, you better jump on it

I picked up my pt 145 mil pro, from B&T shooting. I got the stainless in .45acp for $379, out the door with a box of ammo was $403. They had it in blue for $10 bucks less. They have four stores up north mostly. Middleburg hts, is where I got mine, they have stores in Mentor, Lorian, Eaton twp, and Middleburg hts. I have the third gen with sight rails on it. Like it alot and will be picking up some corbon dpx solid copper hp for it as soon as i get back up to b&t. 45Gap160grDPX.jpg

73_Pt_145_1.jpg

Edited by speedytriple

That's my carry piece. Max if you can get it for that price, you better jump on it

Yeah, that price is funny huh. Cheapest I have found it for is $390 and it seems to typically run over $400.

Speedy, about that mil pro, who makes it? Got any more info?

lol wow I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but here's the stance on the subject. A .22 is gonna stop someone. IF your in a situation where you have time to fire, you have time to place it properly. Unless your attacker is all jacked up on PCP a small caliber .22 is gonna cause enough pain that they'll stop, a round in the right shoulder (or left if their holding with their left) will cause them to drop their arm and weapon and it's about over.

IF someone is out specifically to end your life, their not gonna ask you if you'd like to draw your weapon first, they have the element of surprise, and you'll be dead before you know there even was a situation.

If the situation allows you to draw a weapon, most of the time that itself is enough to defuse the situation.

If they have a gun pointed at you, and they firmly intend on killing you if you do not comply, you'll be dead before you can get your weapon out, theirs is drawn and aimed, yours is still in your waist band, holster, up your ass, where ever you keep it.

Accuracy.

If you can't hit a man sized object at 20 feet, you shouldn't have a gun. being able to hit a target at 500 yards is pointless in a SD situation. the extremely vast majority of SD conflicts are point blank, to 20 feet, after that it gets kinda hard to prove self defence.

I've read on several CCW forums that the FBI did a study, and before you get a concled firearm out, a man with a knife can issue fatal cuts from as far away as 21 feet and a man with a drawn gun at any distance

Okay I think I caused enough shit, I'm out.

a .22 can kill someone. i know it was a favored weapon for mob hits. you know close up work. they tend to enter the skull and bounce around, plus are quiet so yeah they can kill some one.

stopping someone with one is different a well places shot from a pellet gun will stop someone, so yeah a .22 can stop someone esp. if it is a .22 long or .22 magnum

Edited by bigbluebird

You should NOT shoot to wound. Placement is important, but shooting them in the arm to 'make them drop a weapon' or shooting them in the leg to 'keep them from running at me'...all stupid advice IMO. If you're going to pull the trigger you intend to completely STOP the threat, not piss them off. Two in the chest and one in the head, threat terminated.

Edited by r1crusher

You should NOT shoot to wound. Placement is important, but shooting them in the arm to 'make them drop a weapon' or shooting them in the leg to 'keep them from running at me'...all stupid advice IMO. If you're going to pull the trigger you intend to completely STOP the threat, not piss them off. Two in the chest and one in the head, threat terminated.

exactly shoot to stop the attack

see, now I'm not John Rambo, I don't know how well I'd take to knowing that I ended someones life. I'll take the 'neutralize' option first, and leave the 'terminate' option until last :(

Any caliber is deadly. The problem with the .22 is it usually doesn't stay in the body. Personally' date=' I wouldn't carry anything smaller than a 9mm for self-defense. Others would and that's perfectly fine. As long as you are carrying something...[/quote']

Now everything I've ever heard is contrary to that, I've always heard a .22 stays within the body and bounces around, and usually shatters into small pieces.

Stay away from that revolver. I know 2 people that have them and they both say its a pain in the ass to shoot since its so light. Very hard to stay on target for a followup shot.

So how is that different from the S&W airweight that it copies? I have heard nothing but rave reviews of that revolver, yet I wanted something with more safety features with a child in the house, hence my original search for a sub compact 9mm that I cant seem to get my paws on due to the popularity of the little buggers.

The Taurus revolver is everywhere for $350 (which is my budget)

i always understood at distance if you shoot someone in the skull at a certain spot it will just ricochet off.

yes, and angle has allot to do with it too, but straight on at a close distance it would penetrate. Hell, my cousin hunts deer with a .22 rifle (he'd put schmuck to shame, has over 150 guns, mostly rifles and assault type weapons, including about a dozen AR's) says he hits them behind the eye in the skull and they drop on the spot.

Don't worry about what your family says. Carry that gun!! I carry mine wherever I go. I am not allowed to carry at work so it sits in my tool bag no less than 10 feet away from me. I carry in my own house. It is just always on me. It's like my wallet or cell phone. An everyday necessity.

hell i agree. i went through all the trouble of getting it why not use it now?

So do you guys who carry use an iwb or owb holster? I have been looking for one for my mil pro, but dont know which type I want. I have been looking at the cross breed iwb supertuck, or one of the owb belt holsters? The supertuck is deep concealment type, but also alot harder to get to in a panic type situation.