Concealed Carry Guns

max power

Max Power, Taurus millenium .40 cal is $349.99 at gun shows. this is a gun that i am lookin at. for my cc

vrod/max...I have been carrying a Taurus PT-145 for a number of years now. I've not had it malfunction once and it has never cared about what I feed it. I think if you're going to a .40 just bite the bullet and get the .45. I happen to have an early model which has a long stiff trigger pull, but the current gen. are much better. They also have what is now called the "Second Strike" feature (it has actually been on this gun since it was introduced). It will allow you to re-strike a round which did not fire. Other manufacturers are now making this a feature on their firearms. You can get one for very close to your $350 price range as well...brand new w/ stainless slide and barrel as well.

If you were a bit closer I'd be happy to meet up and let you give it a try.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the most effective round for stopping power that is not going to break the bank?

I personally carry in my XD(M) 40 S&W Federal Hydrashocks like $26 for a box of 20. im also considering loading a mag with home safe rounds, forget the name of them but they are kinda like a shotgun load for pistols. wont go thru 2 sheets of drywall but will go into a person.

Would like to look at one, but where? Also, where can I find a Bersa dealer?
Gunshows are good. You get to see everything in one place. I like the Bill Goodman gun shows. The closest to me used to be in the Hara Arena in Dayton. Cheapest prices found anywhere, on everything. And lots of used stuff also. Look for and try to get 40% off full retail (MSRP). It appears that there is also one at Dayton Airport Expo now. News to me. I also see that a gun show is scheduled in Franklin Veterans Memorial Hall in downtown Columbus. I haven't seen one there since Columbus chased all the collectors (OGCA) out back in the late 80's.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/ohio_gun_shows.htm

And to actually answer a question as asked, Eagle Imports Inc distributes Bersas in the USA. Here is the dealer list for Ohio:

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/oh.php

Jan 3-4 Dayton, Dayton Airport Expo Center Bill Goodman 502-538-6900 progun@gunshow.net

Jan 3-4 Lima, Allen County Fairgrounds, tristate gun collectors

Jan 3-4 Niles Eastwood Expo Center, www.ohiogunshows.com 330-539-4247 rwalters6@neo.rr.com

Jan 10-11 Chillicothe, Ross County Fairgrounds, 344 Fairgrounds Road, Front Sight Promotions, LLC OhioGunShows.net 740-667-0412

Jan 10-11 Cleveland-Berea, Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, www.ohiogunshows.com 330-539-4247 rwalters6@neo.rr.com

Jan 10-11 Wellington, Ohio, Lorain County Fairgrounds, Bill-Mar Promotions, 440-986-5004.

Jan 17-18, Athens, OH at the former Goody's building in the 'Market on State' Mall www.ops-shows.com

Jan 17-18 Dayton, Dayton Hara Arena Bill Goodman 502-538-6900 progun@gunshow.net

Jan 18 Marion, Meeker Sportsman Club. www.meekersportsmanclub.com

Jan 24-25 Cincinnati-Sharonville Convention Center Bill Goodman502-538-6900 progun@gunshow.net

Jan 24-25 Gallipolis, Holiday Inn, 577 St. Rt. 7 N Front Sight Promotions, LLC OhioGunShows.net 740-667-0412

Jan 24-25 Hilliard, OH at the Franklin County Fairgrounds www.ops-shows.com

Jan 31-Feb 1 Akron, Summit County Fairgrounds, www.ohiogunshows.com 330-539-4247 rwalters6@neo.rr.com

Jan 31-Feb 1 Columbus, Franklyn Veterans Memorial C&E Gun Shows 540-953-0016

Jan 31-Feb 1 Dayton, Dayton Airport Expo Center Bill Goodman 502-538-6900 progun@gunshow.net

Jan 31-Feb 1 Marietta Comfort Inn, MAPFront Sight Promotions, LLC OhioGunShows.net 740-667-0412

40 S&W Hydra-Shok® JHP

Products > Handgun Ammunition > 40 S&W Hydra-Shok® JHP

hydra-shok-big.jpg Federal Premium handgun loads are the best around. Hydra-Shok® is the first choice for many military and law enforcement officials across the globe, while Expanding Full Metal Jacket (EFMJ) is unmatched in non-hollow point technology. EFMJ provides higher energy, more reliable expansion, lower risk of collateral damage and reduced recoil—vitally important features for a personal defense round.

Load No

Caliber

Grains/ Grams

Bullet Style

Brand

Use

P40HS1

40 S&W

180 / 11.66

Hydra-Shok® JHP

Premium® Personal Defense®

personal_defense.jpg

Velocity in Feet per Second (To nearest 10 FPS)

sample_chart.gif

Velocity

Load No

Caliber

Muzzle

25 Y

50 Y

75 Y

100 Y

P40HS1

40 S&W

Energy in Foot Pounds (To nearest 5 Foot Pounds)

sample_chart.gif

Energy

Load No

Caliber

Muzzle

25 Y

50 Y

75 Y

100 Y

P40HS1

40 S&W

Wind Drift in Inches (at 10 MPH)

sample_chart.gif

Wind Drift

Load No

Caliber

25 Y

50 Y

75 Y

100 Y

P40HS1

40 S&W

Average Range

sample_chart.gif

Average Range

Load No

Caliber

25 Y

50 Y

75 Y

100 Y

P40HS1

40 S&W

symbol.gif

Don't forget about auctionzip.com...put in gun or the brand.

this guys got blackhawks that are near you.....maybe u could find a auction with a sweet peice for cheap...

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=567245&kwd=GUN&zip=43201&category=0

heres a smith near u next weekend

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=552562&kwd=GUN&zip=43110&category=0

Edited by Gump

40 S&W Hydra-Shok® JHP

Products > Handgun Ammunition > 40 S&W Hydra-Shok® JHP

hydra-shok-big.jpg Federal Premium handgun loads are the best around. Hydra-Shok® is the first choice for many military and law enforcement officials across the globe, while Expanding Full Metal Jacket (EFMJ) is unmatched in non-hollow point technology. EFMJ provides higher energy, more reliable expansion, lower risk of collateral damage and reduced recoil—vitally important features for a personal defense round.

thats what i have in my compact m&p 40 cal crazy bullets would never wanna get hit with one she is on my waste everday

thats what i have in my compact m&p 40 cal crazy bullets would never wanna get hit with one she is on my waste everday

I'm willing to say no one wants to get hit with any bullet. Bullets are about placement. Type means very little.

I agree with placement of the bullet. If you don't have time to aim you shouldn't be pulling a gun.

The Bersa is good. It's a good cheap gun. Notice cheap. If I had to get a cheap gun I'd probably go with it. If you can find a good use gun from someone you trust, go with that instead.

My advice is head down to the gun store and place with some stuff. Let them know what's in your price range and what you want it for. They'll help you out. You don't know until you go look.