Beanie Wells.....doubtful

cNeutron

Me being a Michigan fan and seeing our all freshman offence, I hope he doesn't play for an OSU loss. Nothing against the team, all 3 of your quarterbacks look great and Well's replacement has got some nice foot work too. Either way, I bet it's going to be one hell of a game on Sat. Can't wait to watch it. I feel so dirty, Michigan has a new coach, new offence and a defence that doesn't show up until the 4th quarter and I'd rather watch OSU games then the shit I'll have to see from them this year. At least I know the Bucks games will be good.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious why everyone thinks OSU will lose? if they played up to the level they played last year they ARE the best team in the country. Just cause they looked like poo last week dosen't mean they won't show up this week. if they would have ran over OU we wouldn't be having this discusion. They will show up, it will be a good game. its going to come down to mistakes. plan and simple. and if tres grows a pair and opens the play book.

just curious why everyone thinks OSU will lose? if they played up to the level they played last year they ARE the best team in the country. Just cause they looked like poo last week dosen't mean they won't show up this week. if they would have ran over OU we wouldn't be having this discusion. They will show up, it will be a good game. its going to come down to mistakes. plan and simple. and if tres grows a pair and opens the play book.

Last year ? Best team in the country ?

Im a bucks fan through and through but please take the S and G blinders off. We lost to Illinois last year ... than got handled in the NC game, by an SEC team ... again. Add to that our generally padded schedule (weak big ten) and its easy to see why every other state in the country thinks we're in for an L. We definitely have some wicked talent but we haven't proven anything yet. Hopefully we bring our A game. We're gonna need it.

Last year ? Best team in the country ?

Im a bucks fan through and through but please take the S and G blinders off. We lost to Illinois last year ... than got handled in the NC game, by an SEC team ... again. Add to that our generally padded schedule (weak big ten) and its easy to see why every other state in the country thinks we're in for an L. We definitely have some wicked talent but we haven't proven anything yet. Hopefully we bring our A game. We're gonna need it.

Illinois lost to USC.

^ exactly ...

Though I never buy into the "but they/we beat 'whomever'" argument cause anything can happen. Doesn't help our chances though.

What does help is that Illinois played a different USC team. They've lost many starters and have a quarterback who's starting his first season and a sophomore offensive line. If they can't stop them from scoring, I don't think OSU will be going to the 'big game' this year.

Also, Tressel said Wells would play this week unless he's changed his mind in the last day or so.

Sorry guys, either way, I was born a USC fan. GO USC! I'll go back to rooting for the bucks afterward. Until they play Illinois. Then the gf demands I root for Illinois.

I played OLB and DE in high school. I started my senior year and have my letter hanging on the wall in my office right now.

rofl. 33 year old guy who lettered for one year in a high school sport and has it proudly hanging in his home office. i bet you have it in a glass case, right?? i know its not out of the ordinary, just made me laugh though. my father-in-law is good friends with tressel (high school and college buddies)--tressel has turned the team around. look at what cooper did, and what tressel has done.

just because the team lost the last 2 nat'l championships does not mean you fire the coach. look at the big picture brogina, in terms of big 10 championships, beating michigan, and trips TO the nat'l championship. sure, i'd like the team to win the nat'l championship, but i'm happy that they're in the hunt every year.

How can anyone call out Tressel? His record is immaculate. His attitude is uncanny. He is not a stiff or lacking passion. He is a PROFESSIONAL, he demonstrates himself professionally. From his look, to his personality - the man is a genius in his own right.

rofl. 33 year old guy who lettered for one year in a high school sport and has it proudly hanging in his home office. i bet you have it in a glass case, right?? i know its not out of the ordinary, just made me laugh though. my father-in-law is good friends with tressel (high school and college buddies)--tressel has turned the team around. look at what cooper did, and what tressel has done.

just because the team lost the last 2 nat'l championships does not mean you fire the coach. look at the big picture brogina, in terms of big 10 championships, beating michigan, and trips TO the nat'l championship. sure, i'd like the team to win the nat'l championship, but i'm happy that they're in the hunt every year.

Were you trying to make a point? You know somebody who knows somebody and that makes you know something? Just becasue your comfortable being a loser doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I just heard Colin Cowheard announce that Beanie is listed as doubtful from Jim Tressel. That would be a huge blow to OSU offense. We are still a very talented team but still sucks to hear.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3581744

I havent read the whole thread, yet, but as im watching Sportcenter the exact words Tressel said was, "his status is doubtful if we were to play the game today". He's VERY particular on the exact words he uses.

I'll agree with Rch

I've gotten much crap from my friends....thinking Tressel is overrated

He gets outcoached in close games.

He has an amazing team (always does) and barely comes out on top vs average opponents (the big 10)

He'll lose most of the big games.

And don't tell me Michigan counts as a big game

posting without reading:

keep in mind that NCAA is not the pros, and generally you don't see coaches playing games with the injury report. it affects NFL teams interest in players if they think a guy is always hurt, whether or not they think the coach is pulling a Belichick (putting 14 starters on the injury report after the falcons put Vick on the injury report before starting him against NE).

I think it's funny how Tom Brady was listed on New England's injury report for 2 seasons even though he was fine, and then they finally take him off of it, and now he goes down for the year :lol:

But anyway, Beanie will play. Who knows how much though, and if he'll be healthy enough to make an impact. Even playing at 75% he'll be a beast. I have faith in OSU. USC is good, but Sanchez is overrated

rofl. lettering in high school in ONE sport for ONE year, and you feel comfortable making a statement like that??

You said you were happy to be a runner up, which is second place, which is the loser.

I said I started my senior year. I didn't say I only played one sport nor did I say that was the only letter.

Keep your words in your mouth.

Holy waste of time. I thought there would be something a little more insightful in here. All I see is, "I played high school football" and "I know someone who knows someone". Who cares. None of us will be playing in the game Saturday. I will be watching and rooting for OSU. If they win that is great, if they lose I'll get over it. I'm as big a fan as any, but my whole life doesn't revolve around a football team that I have no control over. I can get as riled up during a game as anyone, but after it's over I'm back to the normal routine. To say that a team has no chance of winning is dumb. Any team can go out and pull one out. Stanford, Pitt, and Appalachain St. come to mind. People being unhappy with Tressel just reminds me that no matter what happens with a team there is always someone sitting in the background being pissed off. I guess those of you who doubt can put together a better game plan. Hindsight is 20-20 guys. For anyone that cares O-H

thanks for the advice. i guess you weren't good enough to play a college sport??

You guys are in your 30s right? Stop acting like highschoolers. "well if coach would have put my in we would have won state". Who cares what he has on his walls. Quit going off topic and keep it to the buckeyes. Not your guys glory days in the early 90s.