New best in the Cobra

DKilbourne

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did you go all ricer running non drag radials? :p

Solid times for the tires. :cool:

I haven't run drag radials at all on this car. When I stopped racing the other car all of time I switched over to radials on it too. On the street 1st gear is pointless unless I just want to make some noise. Once I get another car again and wear the radials down, it will be time to put drag radials on. Probably not until next year.

So wait, you're not only keeping the car now, but you're also modding it?

Ya, it seems reasonable. The car isnt worth anything to sell, so I might as well mod it. And I have so much in it now, I dont want to take a loss by letting it go. I have a feeling it will eventually turn into a mostly track car.

Austin- the car is back together.

Eric- No the car will not be sprayed.

Cam- Thanks man, I love the way it looks with the new wheels.

Hal, I love that everytime I get my car back from you its clean. Once we sit down and discuss the new setup, you will once again have the opprotunity to wash it. haha. Should be a runner.

He can wash mine too............lol........

Getting better Dave.. thats right where I was running on the junk ass nittos. now et street that biatch. 1.6x 60' and you'll be in the mid 11's with the same mph thats where my best time is..11.62@119

I am picking up another car today, so I'll be able to make some passes with some good tires after that. I didn't think it was a good idea to risk breaking a half shaft before I had something else to drive. I just thought it would be nice to see an 11.9x pass on regular radials.

Do it on street radials... You can get that 60' down with some practice.... There IS an 11 second run in that car on the tires you have. I know lots of guys that have gotten 1.8-1.9s on street radials with a clutch- heck I have actually heard of someone getting a 1.7 before but he must be gods gift to stick shift.

Sticky tires will do it but why risk breaking things and the pain of changing tires/wheels? What do you have to prove? Also your going to get thrown off any NHRA regulated track running faster than 11.99 unless you have a bar/cage so I don't see the point in a street car.

Do it on street radials... You can get that 60' down with some practice.... There IS an 11 second run in that car on the tires you have. I know lots of guys that have gotten 1.8-1.9s on street radials with a clutch- heck I have actually heard of someone getting a 1.7 before but he must be gods gift to stick shift.

Sticky tires will do it but why risk breaking things and the pain of changing tires/wheels? What do you have to prove? Also your going to get thrown off any NHRA regulated track running faster than 11.99 unless you have a bar/cage so I don't see the point in a street car.

It has been changed to 11.49 for a cage. I'm not out to prove anything, just want to see what it will run with good tires. If I was that worried about breaking things, I wouldn't drive the car to the track and race it.

sweet! those are good 60' with those tires!

One of the other guys with an 03 on street tires cut a 1.95 60' last night. Its hard to get the best possible launch without either bogging a little or spinning. I get it eventually. By the way, saw the video on SVT and that was very close.

It has been changed to 11.49 for a cage. I'm not out to prove anything, just want to see what it will run with good tires. If I was that worried about breaking things, I wouldn't drive the car to the track and race it.

I guess you are right and that is why I lost interest in drag racing- a 3yr old could run 11s with that trap and sticky tires if he could reach the pedals.

One of the other guys with an 03 on street tires cut a 1.95 60' last night. Its hard to get the best possible launch without either bogging a little or spinning. I get it eventually. By the way, saw the video on SVT and that was very close.

was that you that posted? if so, yeah your cobra runs good too.:D

I guess you are right and that is why I lost interest in drag racing- a 3yr old could run 11s with that trap and sticky tires if he could reach the pedals.

The car weighs 3850+ with me in it, so with that trap it takes a semi decent driver to run an 11 second pass. Just get on SVTPerformance and look at all of the guys who run slower ET's and get lower trap speeds with better tires and more power. Don't make it sound that easy. The funny part is seeing all of the cars that are on tires that can't figure out why I can run a better ET than them on radials. Drag racing might be in a straight line, but to me it's fun. I might not be the best driver, but I'm better than a good deal of these so-called racers at getting through the gears. Enough of that and a 3-year old? Give me a little bit more credit than that.