Free Cat

ZoomZoom6

There's a really friendly cat that has been hanging around my boyfriend's apartment complex for almost 3 weeks now. It's really nice and it seems domesticated. I put up ads on craigslist and PetFBI, but no one has come to claim it. It has a flea collar on, so I think it is someone's cat but they just don't care that it's gone? It really badly wants to come into Keith's apartment, but we won't let it. Neither one of us are really cat people. Does anyone want, or know anyone who will take this cat? It's really breaking my heart to see it out here.

Oh, and it brings mice to Keith's door every morning, so it would be okay outside, maybe someone has some land or a barn that they can let the cat live in?

Here's the CL ad:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/laf/846089924.html

Thanks guys!

Oh and mods if this is in the wrong section, sorry! I didn't know exactly where it needed to be.

So you are giving away someone else cat? Obviously they care enough to put a flea collar(despite the fact they dont work)

I would be horribly angry is someone gave away my cat.

My cats roam as far away as three-four houses, i have also had a cat that had "duplicate" homes!!

The other guy thought it was a roamer, had bought a bowl and bag of food for him, and let him come and go as he please, just like i did, but he always came home to me at night.

If you are that concerned, maybe put some flyers up in your apt complex and neighboring areas.

• Confused 1

So you are giving away someone else cat? Obviously they care enough to put a flea collar(despite the fact they dont work)

I would be horribly angry is someone gave away my cat.

My cats roam as far away as three-four houses, i have also had a cat that had "duplicate" homes!!

The other guy thought it was a roamer, had bought a bowl and bag of food for him, and let him come and go as he please, just like i did, but he always came home to me at night.

If you are that concerned, maybe put some flyers up in your apt complex and neighboring areas.

What else do I do? It constantly hangs around the steps and Keith's front door. I begged the girl upstairs NOT to take it and have it put to sleep. If you would prefer, I could let her take it...

Oh and there are already flyers that the girl upstairs put up everywhere. It's been on Craigslist and all the other lost and found sites. I did what I could. Also, if you would like to do more you always could. I am doing what I can so that it is NOT put to sleep. Please either help or keep your opinions to yourself. Thanks :)

Maybe take it to the HUMANE society, where people look for thier pets at? What if its chipped?

And as far as ME doing something.. I have done my fair share of rescuing animals. You are taking this on yourself.

You posted it up, with CLEAR signs that it is someones cat, and yet want to give it away. If the cat came to you, dingy, hurt, no signs of ownership, I would understand. But the pics show a reletivley clean cat, WITH some sort of collar, who is FRIENDLY.

Not everyone is in the Techno world. Some people actually still leave the house to look for thier pets.. I would notify the Humane societ and other cat sanctuaries in the area.

What if they moved into your complex, he got out and they havent seen him since, because he's confused?

I called VARIOUS places and they said if I brought it in it would be put to sleep. If you've found a place that feels otherwise, please take it upon yourself to come get the cat and take it yourself. Seriously now, give me a break. It is not my responsibility to take care of someone elses cat. I'm not putting the damn thing in my car. The girl upstairs was going to take it and leave it there. Like I said, I'm not a cat person, I'm just trying to keep it alive. The owners OBVIOUSLY don't want it and it has lost a TON of weight since it's been hanging out here.

Does anyone else have an idea of where it can go?

The humane society is over flowing with cats and esp kittens. They are putting them down daily because there are soooo many. It's moderately quick shot into the belly and within a minute or so they are gone.

It's a pretty cat. Put a post up on the farming section of Craigslist. Farmers get cats dropped off on their land all the time. I'm sure someone could use a mouser in a barn.

If the owner cared they would really try to find it. I looked for our cat Kibbles for three months after she disapeared. Fliers, trips to every pound once a week, posted up on Pet FBI and still never found her.

Giving the cat away to someone who wants it is better than killing it.

Skinner-No cat fight here lol I added her to my ignore list. I don't want someone else making me feel bad for doing something good for an animal that would otherwise be put to sleep. Her opinions weren't helping.

girlygirl18t thanks for the advice about the farming section. I will definitely do that sometime soon!

If you take your water hose and spray the cat with water a lot it will not return. I had to do that with my neighbor's cat since they let it outside all the time. It would come over to my house and my cat always chills in the window and looks outside. He gets so pissed if any cat comes in the front yard to the point he is screaming as loud as possible.

Water FTW.

If you take your water hose and spray the cat with water a lot it will not return. I had to do that with my neighbor's cat since they let it outside all the time. It would come over to my house and my cat always chills in the window and looks outside. He gets so pissed if any cat comes in the front yard to the point he is screaming as loud as possible.

Water FTW.

hahaha not a bad idea, but I'm not cruel enough to do it. Maybe if we do that it'll run away far enough to get lost and end up on someone elses stairwell so I don't have to see the poor thing every time I come here!

Water FTW.

growing up we did the samy thing except it wasn't a water hose it was a .22 :)

• Confused 1

PS..chic upstairs sounds like a raging bitch. Why would she take it to be put asleep when it is doing no harm and is healthy?

The damn thing leaves dead mice on my front door step, and scratches at my door, the damn thing needs a home. No, its not healthy, over the past couple weeks it has lost a ton of weight.

It sounds like someone dumped him in your neighborhood. If you're not going to take him in, then take him to Cat Welfare. They are a no-kill shelter. The only choices you have are put up with him, chase him away, let your neighbor kill it, or take it in yourself.

BTW, it's bringing mice to your BF's door as a gesture of submission. He's acknowledging dominance in an effort to tell your BF he won't get in his way. This is a sign of a good personality for a pet, so if you were to take him in, you probably will never have to worry about getting scratched or having it spraying.

All of our animals have chips just in case they get lost.

Take it somewhere to see if it has one. The humane society or even a vet would probably scan it for free. It's got a collar so it's somebodies' cat. If it's losing weight, I'd say it'd be pretty strange that it's leaving dead food on your doorstep. It sounds like it's lost but good, because unless someone in your house has fed it, it wouldn't come back.

If it doesn't have a chip then, I'd try the hose idea, or just keep a bucket of water near the door. Let it go bother somebody else.