Rugby Saturday 10/11/08

Guest Hal

So, we've talked about it before, let's go out and play a little bit of rugby next weekend. You don't need to know how to play, I'll cover the basic rules. This is a good chance for those of you I've owned, to try to repay the favor.

We need a minimum of 12 people to make this happen, please only say you'll come if you're sure you will.

Field is TBD. We should meet around noon I think.

Im definitly in. If anyone has ever played soccer, football, lax you can play rugby. Its really not that hard. You dont need to be big or fast but one or the other might help :)

Im definitly in.

Hal are you thinking play 7's without scrums just to keep it simple? No lineouts?

Yeah, that was my thought. Just run basic 7's an make adjustments as necessary. That's usually a good way to get people in the swing of things. No real plays or anything, I doubt anyone would be setting up pods or anything lol.

Ok, this is starting off slow. Bring friends, guys. I'll bring one or two that have never played also.

I can convince one of my hockey buddies for sure. I know a guy who played O-line for muskingum, big guy but im not sure if he would be available. If he does he's on my team, i call it.

Just an idea. Could we play with a smaller field? it would make the game more physical. Of course Im not the fastest so i want to reduce the chances of getting burned over and over again.

So, does anyone have a ball? My dog chewed mine up and it won't hold air now. I don't really want to use a football, it's not the same.

Sweet8Tooth, 8 man?

I should have a couple of balls layin around somewhere... I've played every pack position but hooker (I had to play prop a few times unfortunately)