Sunday 10/5: A day made for a fast ride ...

Doc1647545523

It promises to be a sunny day with temps around 70. I'm thinking of riding the triple niner north from the Zoo along the Scioto River on SR 257 up to about Prospect, then riding back down on SR 203, cutting east just to the south of Delaware, crossing over across Alum Creek, then ending up at Polaris Sonic for a chili dog.

Anyone else up for a "leisurely" ride along lightly-patrolled roads? :whistle:

I'll be at the old entrance to the Zoo, parked right along Riverside Drive in front of the old Wyandot Inn (near the big red "Columbus Zoo" sign on Riverside Drive). Post here or send me a PM. I'm thinking 2 p.m. would be a good departure time, which should put us back at Polaris around 4 or 5.

edit.. noticed this was in daily ride. duh. :(
Yeah, I know. I debated about putting it in the Meetings & Events category, but thought that since it was motorcycle-specific, Daily Ride would be the better section. It's not like it's a planned event. I'm sure a mod will move it if he feels it's incorrectly posted.

I'm getting off the 'puter now. Just for clarification: I'm meeting at 2 p.m. today at the corner of Riverside Drive and Glick Road, in front of the old Wyandotte Inn which is on the east side of Riverside Drive where the old entrance for the Columbus Zoo was and where the entrance to Wyandot Lake is. Anyone is welcome, but if you bring a car, please don't run over us motorcyclists :eek: You can ride fast or slow, it'll be impossible to get lost on the route I've laid out, and we'll wait on you at the route turns if you feel like riding it slow or if you have a passenger. Ride your own ride and within your limits.

Carpe diem!

I'm getting off the 'puter now. Just for clarification: I'm meeting at 2 p.m. today at the corner of Riverside Drive and Glick Road, in front of the old Wyandotte Inn which is on the east side of Riverside Drive where the old entrance for the Columbus Zoo was and where the entrance to Wyandot Lake is. Anyone is welcome, but if you bring a car, please don't run over us motorcyclists :eek: You can ride fast or slow, it'll be impossible to get lost on the route I've laid out, and we'll wait on you at the route turns if you feel like riding it slow or if you have a passenger. Ride your own ride and within your limits.

Carpe diem!

i would if i wasnt still fixing my bike

It was really fun riding with you guys--it was such a great day. :D Paul, you looked really mean in those banked turns at ....ahem .... higher-than-recommended speeds. And Carl, you were able to stick right with the bikes (not an easy thing to do today). I hope my riding didn't cramp your styles too much.

I love showing people those roads. We'll put something together again soon, maybe with a little more advance notice. We'll be getting some fall color here soon.